Graphics Quality?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Graphics Quality?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Makumba666
    Participant

Hi all,
    I am considering buying vorpx and I will be honest – I want to be sure I am not throwing my money away (as little as 40 usd, but still). I googled and found absolutely different reviews – some say vorpx is great, some say it is too bad and that’s why it has no demo and no money back option. I am not biased in any way – I just want to find truth. And before you say anything, let me say this – sorry guys, but I believe my eyes thousand times more, than other people’s words. No offence – I think you do the same. :)
    That’s why I opened this topic. Yes there are plenty of videos of some persons playing games with vorpx, but unfortunately they all only show computer screen, which in this case does not allow to judge graphics quality. Are there actual videos recorded trough lenses? Or may be some other means to make sure how good/bad vorpx is?

Smoils
    Participant

Vorpx looks as good as your hardware allows, play at desktop resolution and default game fov and you will have a bad time. Set game to 120 fov and 4k resolution and it looks amazing, if you can manage.

4k is not an obligatory requirement, but its ideal to look forward to.

Vorpx doesnt convert games into vr like vr mods, but it can look simlar by using 1:1 head tracking and screen glued to your face, however most of your experience will prbably similar to using reshade+super3d shader+vr desktop or bigscreen.

You can add custom resolutions to your monitor and run games at at least 2688×1680 with that free reshade shader and set game fov to 120 to kinda get free vorpx experience.

Youtube btw has SBS videos of people using vorpx, but its really bad and people doing it didnt know what they were doing.

Ogrescar
    Participant

play at desktop resolution and default game fov and you will have a bad time

Discounting fov, my native desktop resolution is 2560×1440 which is ideal for playing games with a headset, and it is close to the native resolution of the rift-s. 4K is complete overkill unless you’ve got an hmd that can render it and a gpu that can drive it a good framerate.

But back to the topic at hand, I think most of the criticism regarding vorpx are from people who were expecting a perfect plug-and-play experience. There are usually issues to be overcome up front, like disabling game overlays and av programs that can block vorpx.

What you’ve got to realize is that vorpx doesn’t modify the games, it merely renders what would have displayed on a 2d screen in 3d. Certain things like headtracking rely on the games mouse input, which with some games has the side effect of the game alternating between keyboard/mouse and controller input.

It’s worth the $40 I paid for it 10 times over. It’s not perfect, nothing is, but it breathed new life into my gaming experience.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m obviously biased, but still hugely puzzled about comparisons with a depth shader that does maybe 10% of what vorpX does, if at all. For one for DX9-11 (and older OpenGL) games vorpX provides “true” Geometry 3D instead of doing post process depth based 3D, which in itself is something entirely different, including the general option to have positonal tracking in every G3D game (provided that doesn’t cause too many glitches).

Even more puzzling is leaving out the whole DirectVR complex. By now there are more than 150 games for which vorpX adjusts everything automatically for a decent FullVR experience largely out of the box. Usually at least covering FOV and resolution, plus setting up the head tracking sensitivity. These games are typically plug & play except for graphics options/performance adjustments. In more than 50 games there is even more than that in the form always perfect 1:1, low latency head tracking via directly accessing a game’s memory locations for camera rotation (and sometimes position).

Not to mention the recently introduced TrackIR handling for games with TrackIR support, scalable HUDs with 3D depth, VR controller support, a gaze based visual hotkey menu and quite a bit more…

steph12
    Participant

to the op, you wont have graphics quality just like you have on regular screen, the purpose of Vorpx is IMMERSION.

even on my old hardware gtx 1080, 5820k and htc vive, i had a lot of fun using vorpx, obviously, some fullVR demanding games had low performance in G3D example is dishonor 1 but Vorpx motion smoothing works quiet well, so i had a blast.

now i upgraded to valve index and more recent hardware and i’m stunned by the graphics quality while using vorpx, atm i’m playing borderlands 3 and it looks real good and i’m using 1920*1440 res and ultra settings in fullVr with fov 125 (with unreal engine unlocker which i highly recommand for the UE4 supported games).

the most important thing for vorpx is how powerful your computer is, the better it is the better your vorpx experience will be.

and vorpx is light years ahead of any others 3D software including that reshade 3Ddepth, because of headtracking, directVR, full VR, G3D, Z3D, flexibility of the software, the ability to create custom users profiles for new games (when it works) in a easy way, highly tweakable settings for all modes (fullVR, cinematic mode, immersive mod).

ToxicMike
    Participant

I want to be sure I am not throwing my money away (as little as 40 usd, but still).

Let me guess, it´s not that you couldn´t afford to buy vorpX, but your wife gives you hell when she finds out you wasted money for useless crap again?

I googled and found absolutely different reviews – some say vorpx is great, some say it is too bad and that’s why it has no demo and no money back option. I am not biased in any way – I just want to find truth.

The truth? What really is that? If i read someone claims vorpX to be crap, i´d call him a liar coz MY TRUTH is vorpX being great.

For that same reason i think it would be useless to tell you MY TRUTH about vorpX coz that will not guarantee you paying 40 bucks without ever getting the idea you probably threw money out of the window that day.

If i am supposed to give you a tip then i could only suggest you thinking of all the money you wasted for useless things all your entire life until today….you said it yourself that 40 bucks is “little” so in contrast to your “money-thrown-out-of-the-window”-lifespan-total those 40 bucks probably appear to be quantum-sized so you can stop worrying and just buy the damn thing regardless if you “throw money away” or not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!