Grounded

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Eden
    Participant

Hello!

I am not sure if I am doing everything correctly. I followed the steps on how to get a game to port over. I used the “Grounded” profile and everything. It’s not working for me. :(

I opened steam vr with my oculus rift then turned on vorpx. Once that was done I tried booting the game. Nothing happens. Am i missing a step?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you happen to use the GamePass version, that doesn’t work anymore currently as it seems. The Steam version still works fine.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Update: The Game Pass version uses DX12 now while the Steam version is still DX11. I uploaded a profile with DX12 support to the cloud.

Caveat: Unfortunately the DirectVR FOV and tweaks also don’t work currently for the Game Pass version, which can’t be fixed with a profile update. For the time being please select a 4:3 resolution (e.g. 1920×1440 or 1600×1200) and set the game’s FOV to 112. With a 4:3 res that’s the right value in this case.

The next vorpX will come with working auto FOV for the Game Pass version.

Eden
    Participant

@Ralf

I am using the Steam version and I am still having issues. :( I’ll try to change the settings and see if it works. What profile author should I search for?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The author name for official profiles is always vorpX.

Eden
    Participant

Ah. Ok. Then it’s not working properly for me. That is the one I have been attempting to use with out success.

Fearganainm
    Participant

Hi Ralf. Quick question: Do I change resolution via Vorpx’s settings or the games settings? FOV too.

Eden
    Participant

@Ralf: @Fearganain has a good question. Am i changing the settings for resolution in Vorpx or in game?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can’t remember currently whether that’s the case for Grounded, but if vorpX can do it, let it do its thing and just select a preferred quality on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu. VorpX will then figure out a resolution that works best depending on various settings, e.g. whether you play in FullVR or immersive screen/cinema mode.

Whenever this is possible for a game, there is an according message in the top left corner of the game window on start. To get the most out of this feature, check the Custom Resolutions section in the help.

If there is no such message, the general rule of thumb is 4:3 for FullVR, 16:9 or 16:10 for immersive screen/cinema. Ideally 1440p or better, depending on what your PC can handle without sacrificing too much performance.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!