Guidance for Payday 2

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Guidance for Payday 2

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everyone :)

I’ve found this guide for payday 2 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrtTi260IGA

But aside Elite : Dangerous, I havent used it for any other game and I’ve tried setting up for Payday the best I could but I’m having a few issues:

– Very zoomed in
    – Roatated 90o clockwise
    – ingame (Del) menu isn’t showing

I have followed the setup guide and checked I’m using the right options (from another thread relating to Payday 2, Thanks in advance :) Im looking forward to gettign more ue out of this :D

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also getting the same results trying to run Metro 2033 :(

Ralf
    Keymaster

In regard to the 90° rotation please check your monitor settings in the Windows display config. In most cases you will have to set the display orientation of the Rift to “Portrait”. If you use Windows 8, you might have to set it to “Landscape flipped” instead.

In regard to the zoomed in image, please try one of the things below. You can get most games look almost perfect in this regard. And even for those that do not offer FOV control, neither directly, nor through vorpX, there are functions in vorpX to make them playable, although not in a perfect way.

From best to worst here is what you can do:

1. Set the game FOV directly in the game if it provides to dial in an FOV of 120°,
    2. Set the game FOV directly with the vorpX Game Optimizer (vorpX config app) for games that support it.
    3. Set the game FOV to 120 manually through an ini tweak or external tool (avaliable for many games, google FOV + game name).
    4. Use the 3D FOV Enhancement in the vorpX ingame menu (availabe in Geometry 3D games).
    5. Use one of the letterbox aspect ratio modes in the vorpX ingame menu and/or ImageZoom
    6. Use the 2D FOV-Enhancement in the vopX ingame menu (be aware that this distorts the image)

If you didn’t do so already, please also check the Quick Reference and the “How to get the most out of vorpX” guide in the documentation. They contain the above information and quite a few more things that also help to make gaming with vorpX more fun.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll give your advice a shot when I get back from work, thank you :)

Xlockedbw
    Participant

Payday works, kind of. The framerate is like 10. I usually run it 150+. Even on minnimum, there is no difference. And shadows seem to be disabled, help :(

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not sure about the framerate issue, didn’t experience that when doing the profile. Shadows are disabled in G3D, no way around that, at least for now. Sorry.

VorpXer
    Participant

I enjoy payday in the rift, but some things are rendered funny, like Clover’s hair and glass windows – they appear at varying distances away from where they should be and wobble around when I move my head. I couldn’t get any positional tracking even when enabled. Overall it is still a great experience and I am very happy support has been added. I get acceptable framerates by turning down some of the graphics options in Payday.

VorpXer
    Participant

The latest version of VorpX works very well with Payday 2. Now the lighting and shadows work well even in Geometry 3D mode. Performance/framerates seem much better too. Now I only play Payday 2 in 3D. Thanks for the improvements!

VorpXer
    Participant

Actually the lighting and shadows are not fixed, I was mistakened. But performance is definitely much improved

Ralf
    Keymaster

Shadows are disabled on purpose, sorry. They actually are a total mess in Geometry 3D in this game. In other words: removing them in this case is the shadow fix. :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!