Half Life 1 (Goldsrc) G3D

Homepage Forums Technical Support Half Life 1 (Goldsrc) G3D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    InBetweenNames
    Participant

Hi everyone,

It looks like G3D has stopped working for Goldsrc-based games including HL1 and its associated mods. Or, rather, only one eye seems to actually work in G3D mode — the other eye is just drawn as black. Z3D in any form seems to cause a lot of distortion resulting in entire rows of pixels on the screen being set to constant colours.

Disabling 3D and reverting to flat 2D seems to work fine (virtual cinema mode).

Any idea what could be causing this? I have confirmed HL2 works at least.

InBetweenNames
    Participant

Actually, it looks like this is happening with all OpenGL games, including Quake 2. Is anyone else able to reproduce this?

Rob_F
    Participant

Yes, I have the exact same problem. It may be related to not being on the latest version of Windows 10.

Petoodle
    Participant

I have exactly the same problem. I am on the latest version of Windows 10, so that’s not it. I would love to play this in G3D. Pity the support is broken.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The game is not officially supported. If you want to create a user profile for it and are certain it’s an OpenGL program try to take some other OpenGL profile as a base for a new one (e.g. Quake 1-4, Amnesia, Jedi Knight II). Try more than one if the first one doesn’t do the trick right away. Be aware though that OpenGL G3D support in vorpX is limited to fairly old (fixed function) OpenGL versions.

A much better way to experience (a re-imagined) Half-Life 1 is Black Mesa: Source though, which you can purchase on Steam. Basically Half-Life with way better graphics. For the Steam version of Black Mesa: Source a fully featured DirectVR profile exists.

rustyshackleford
    Participant

The game is not officially supported. If you want to create a user profile for it and are certain it’s an OpenGL program try to take some other OpenGL profile as a base for a new one (e.g. Quake 1-4, Amnesia, Jedi Knight II). Try more than one if the first one doesn’t do the trick right away. Be aware though that OpenGL G3D support in vorpX is limited to fairly old (fixed function) OpenGL versions.

A much better way to experience (a re-imagined) Half-Life 1 is Black Mesa: Source though, which you can purchase on Steam. Basically Half-Life with way better graphics. For the Steam version of Black Mesa: Source a fully featured DirectVR profile exists.

just play Black Mesa: Source isn’t a solution as I am trying to play a Half-life 1 mod. Is there really no way to get Half-life 1 to work with vorpx? I tried following these instructions and it didn’t work.

rustyshackleford
    Participant

got it to work using the cloud profile and running in window mode. Would still prefer an official profile from Ralf as this one feels like it could be a bit better. Bit of an issue when using higher resolutions the hud gets smaller.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!