half life 2 and black mesa flashlight glitches

Homepage Forums Technical Support half life 2 and black mesa flashlight glitches

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LawnmowerMan
    Participant

When playing Half Life 2 or Black Mesa and I press the middle button to zoom in, it causes a graphical glitch where there’s a vertical rectangular area in the middle of the screen where some of the textures outside that rectangular area will just disappear until I either turn the flashlight off or zoom back out again.

I did not always have this problem and I am using the same hardware as before and have not made any changes to my in-game graphics settings. I tried the newest drivers for my Geforce 1060 but it did not work. I am using Windows 10 and an oculus rift.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please import both profiles from the cloud using the vorpX config app. I replaced the HL2 and BMS cloud profiles with fixed versions. Make sure to imprt the [vorpX] profiles, not one of the custom profiles.

LawnmowerMan
    Participant

I did this suggestion today and made sure I got the official vorpx profile for BMS. After I find the official profile and click import does it automatically become the current profile? I actually installed vorpx about a week ago so I might have already had the up-to-date profiles. I still have the same problem and I forgot to mention in my first post that when I use the middle mouse button for VR mode that the objects in the game are blinking in and out of visibility.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I updated the profiles after you made your post. Make sure that you have the most recent vorpX version installed (17.2.1). If you are still using an older version, you will only see profiles online that are made for that version (or older).

If you don’t have 17.2.1 yet and vorpX does not update automatically for some reason, simple use your web installer to reinstall or get a new one here: https://www.vorpx.com/request-new-download/

You may still have to import the cloud profiles after reinstalling.

LawnmowerMan
    Participant

I updated vorpx and now the problems are gone.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!