half life 2 mods refuse to hook no matter what

Homepage Forums Technical Support half life 2 mods refuse to hook no matter what

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Smoils
    Participant

I had some minor issues with portal 2 as well but trying windowed, hook helpers and alt hooking eventually got it to work, Ive played games like g-string that is based oh source engine too it all works eventually.

But trying hl2 mods as mods, that are not standalone games just refuses to hook no matter what.

Specifically in question are smod (including standalone, which is still using hl mod structure to run, not like portal 2 or gstring or dark messiah which all work) and mmod, none of those worked no matter what combination of things I have tried, even launching hl2.exe directly with parameters to start a mod didnt hook. Launching same hl2.exe vanilla hooks and works in 3d.

Every successful source game that I have tried has vorpx hook from start, when into videos appear, with mods that refuse to work hooking message appears only in main menu and fails eventually.

Smoils
    Participant

Correction: base halflife2 is unstable too – only works in random rare cases like once, then it doesnt, hook helpers dont help

Smoils
    Participant

Ok, I think I fixed it.

Adding vorpx folder for antivirus exclusions didnt work, disabling protection on it temporarily didnt work but adding specifically all vorpx executable to real time scan of nod32 finally let it hook even with mods.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!