Half-Life 2 VR broken (also Episodes)

Homepage Forums Technical Support Half-Life 2 VR broken (also Episodes)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    VV00
    Participant

3d is weird, it’s like the world is flattened half a meter in front of you. Head tracking is misaligned, it overshoots the angles (if I look down 30 degrees the view is moved by more than that). For some reason, stick turning can change x-rotation (further misaligning the view with the actual eye direction), when previously it would only rotate around the y-axis, as it is supposed to.

These problems have been there for a while, but I played HL2 and Episode 1 in Garry’s Mod instead. Episode 2 just won’t run in Gmod though (can’t get out of the train because the animations for Alyx getting you out don’t load) so I’d like to play Episode 2 with Vorpx at least. But as I said it’s broken, same way as the main game when I tried months ago.

I already tried resetting the HL2/Portal profile to factory settings but that didn’t fix it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No such problems here. Please make sure that to run the DirectVR scanner if necessary, there should be a message about that if the cached values are out of date. Also make sure to follow the hint in the top left corner of the game window regarding setting a 4:3 resolution, which is shown if currently no 4:3 res is set.

VV00
    Participant

It works with the DirectVR scanner. I didn’t need this previously, I guess it is new? Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

The memory scanner is part of the HL2 since several years, it’s a game though where vorpX can cache the found values, so probably the cache is just out of date. The game is still updated surprisingly often and for each version the DirectVR values are different.

Long story short: After a HL2 update you typically have to re-run the memory scanner. Whenever that’s the case, vorpX will show an according message in the headset as well as in the top left corner of the game window.

Smoils
    Participant

I replayed hl2 and episodes recently and only problems memory scanner had was when run with some specific mods, vanilla worked just fine.

Are you sure there are no mods?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!