Halo CE PC and Halo 2 PC vorpX Support

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Halo CE PC and Halo 2 PC vorpX Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kris Lucky7
    Participant

These games are perfect for VR and because of the scifi I think it would be very enjoyable.

Imagine the HUD right in your face or even an Elite or Grunt

Anyways I just hope this could happen and get vorpX support I’m a huge VR fan and Halo fan and I love how vorpX can let you play almost anything!!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi Kris,

Halo 1 is DirectX8, so unfortunately it won’t work for the first release version (might change in the future), but I will look into Halo 2, which uses DX9, I believe. No promises though. ;)

Arni1984
    Participant

Ralf???
    Thank God that you are still with us! :)

Kris Lucky7
    Participant

That’s great Ralf and Halo PC runs DX9 (I hope that’s what my pc tells me) as well as Halo 2 PC just to help you out a bit. :)

But as you said no promises, I respect that. You have the overall project to focus on and perfect.

You have my hopes up a lot!

Thank you

mknkt
    Participant

Halo 2 would be amazing in the Rift… I wish they would release Halo Reach for the PC, but any Halo would be great, especially in 3D!

RJK_
    Participant

I played Halo 2 last night with a Halo 1 profile i found in the VorpX cloud. Worked fine and fluent with geometry3D. Though i must state the monsters look quite pixely compared to 3D Vision, but thats normal in VR i guess.

BTW: If vorpX would allow DX wrappers like DGVoodoo taking place in the game folder, DX8 and lower games like Halo 1 could be played.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!