Halo Reach with VorpX

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Halo Reach with VorpX

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    slydog43
    Participant

Any news on if VorpX will/could work with the newly released Halo Reach? I tried it, but nothing hooked. Does anyone know the DirectX version and if its possible to use VorpX with it? Thanks

dellrifter22
    Participant

I haven’t tried yet myself, but Beardo claims hooking is possible with the alternate exe provided for modding that disables EAC for singleplayer.

This is good news! When I heard EAC, I figured we were out of luck.

I believe Master Chief Collection is now Unreal 4 based, but not entirely sure. Beardo mentioned he has tried a few Unreal 4 profiles already, but so far no 3D.

When I get the chance, I’d like to try more profiles and run in through the authoring tool and see for myself. Perhaps Ralf may even take interest and get this working beforehand.

$10 on steam. You don’t need to buy the full collection even though the store tries to convince you it is required for dlc.

slydog43
    Participant

Thanks, got what Beardo got working (can’t find the other exe, but can pick it from the steam launch window options). It was very “blinky” the first time I ran it, but the second time it was much better. I can see this working really well once a profile gets created. Yeah, this could bring many people over to VorpX! Will be testing more out today, wish me luck :0

BeardoBenjo
    Participant

I’ve been told that using the Alien Isolation profile and connecting that to the exe will allow for 3D rendering but I’m having a little trouble getting it to work so far. Vorpx keeps bypassing the profile I’ve created using the Alien Isolation profile and it just creates it’s own profile each time called MCC-WIN64-SHIPPING-WINSTORE.EXE

Trying to figure out a way to block Vorpx from doing that so that it can just hook using the copied A.I profile…

BeardoBenjo
    Participant

Okay I’ve got it to latch using the Alien Isolation profile, the options for Z adaptive, Z normal and G3D all appear within the Vorpx menus whilst playing the game now BUT there doesn’t seem to be any noticeable 3D effect regardless of which one I use.

The only noticeable change is a less than smooth juddering effect now when looking left or right with head tracking (possibly due to the attempted 3D rendering)

BeardoBenjo
    Participant

Done =D

I was being an idiot!

slydk1982
    Participant

BeardoBenjo, I tried your profile and it works okay :)
    A shame that you can´t see ammo and grenades… btw, its me Sly VR ;)

But I really hope we will get a real g3d profile, Im looking at you, Ralf ;)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!