Hardware acceleration of GPU scheduling in Windows 10

Homepage Forums Technical Support Hardware acceleration of GPU scheduling in Windows 10

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    skynet24x
    Participant

Nvidia has added a new feature to its new drivers 451 that can increase gaming performance. Does it work with vorpx?

jjensson
    Participant

+1.

For now i have stayed away from the update, until it’s proven free of issues.

Ralf
    Keymaster

TLDW: Doesn’t really change anything.

EvolutionaryMike
    Participant

My experience has been slower frame rates on the games I’ve played, mainly racing sims. I’ve switched the feature off.

Ralf
    Keymaster

After some testing specifically in regard to vorpX I’d like to second EvolutionaryMike’s advice to leave/turn this feature off.

For playing on a monitor it usually does pretty much nothing (see the video above).

With vorpX it even makes things considerably worse in some games, especially in taxing ones, where one would think it maybe might help a little. The opposite is the case.

TLDR: Leave this feature OFF. Doesn’t improve anything for normal gaming, makes things worse for vorpX.

Picdelag
    Participant

Did this situation improved with the latest version of Vorpx?

Ralf
    Keymaster

What do you have in mind? The feature at this point has no practical value at all, you can check at least a dozen YouTube videos and/or articles with benchmarks in that regard around the net. Whether at a later point in time it will be developed into something that has practical value in regard to gaming is up to Microsoft and/or GPU developers.

Picdelag
    Participant

Absolutely nothing in mind! This is why i ask x)

Thanks for the answer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!