HAve to use 75% zoom to lose the edges of the virtual screen in SC, is this with

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings HAve to use 75% zoom to lose the edges of the virtual screen in SC, is this with

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AaronT
    Participant

I have to zoom in at 75% before I lose the bottom line being visible and it is very weird when I am used to playing games with VR built in.

Is there anyway to play SC with vorpX with a natural/realistic view point without having to look at a screen surrounded by black?

If I wanted to do that I’d just p[lay on the monitor with better graphics, lol.

The head tracking, and VR is great, but at 75% everything seems huge, lol.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Assuming SC means Star Citizen, you can adjust the game’s field of view in its graphics options instead of using vorpX’s image zoom. Or use a combination of both in case the max. allowed FOV is not enough (haven’t checked the game in a while so I’m not sure).

AaronT
    Participant

Thank you, I have set it to the maximum, and used custom resolutions, but I cannot lose the edges unless I zoom way in.

Ralf
    Keymaster

USUAL STAR CITIZEN DISCLAIMER (forgot that above): As suggested by the message on start the game is not officially supported by vorpX due to its alpha state. The profile is merely provided for those who like to experiment.

That said:

You might be able to set the FOV manually to higher values using a user.cfg file in your SC directory. Not sure whether that still works, but it did in the past.

Check the guide linked below for where to put the user.cfg, the variable to set would be cl_fov (provided it still works), e.g. cl_fov = 100.

http://www.boredgamer.co.uk/2018/03/20/user-cfg-3-1-guide/

AaronT
    Participant

I got it by making a custom resolution but it is just too blurry to enjoy, thank you.

Maybe someday it will be native in SC.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!