Having some trouble with CoD: Black Ops 3 and Overwatch…

Homepage Forums Technical Support Having some trouble with CoD: Black Ops 3 and Overwatch…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GreenGhost21
    Participant

Hello.

So I’ve been having trouble with two games: Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, and Overwatch. (I’ve also been having issues with Skyrim, but I found a workaround for that.)

When I try to start Black Ops 3 with VorpX, it doesn’t ever start. I know it’s frozen, because I’ve checked in Task Manager, and it’s exhibiting the signs of a frozen program.

Overwatch, on the other hand, while not officially supported, has profiles for it in the VorpX Cloud, so I assume people have gotten it working. But when I try to start it up with VorpX, it starts normally, on my laptop’s screen.

If someone could help me with either of these two games, that would be much appreciated.

GreenGhost21
    Participant

A reply would be nice. Black Ops 3 was most of why I purchased Vorpx…

Ralf
    Keymaster

Overwatch isn’t supported, so like with all games that never were checked here, it might or might hook. Not sure about Black Ops, sorry. Will be checked before the next vorpX update, maybe a game patch broke something.

GreenGhost21
    Participant

Yeah, I did some research after posting here, and it seems that you can’t hook into Overwatch with programs like this one. But I’m at a loss as to Black Ops 3. Maybe it has something to do with my monitor’s higher refresh rate? (It’s a 120hz monitor) If you’d like, I can upload my troubleshooting info, to help get to the bottom of this.

Also, thanks for your reply. Sorry if I seem impatient, but I was worrying that I may have been overlooked. I hope I wasn’t too rude.

GreenGhost21
    Participant

It occurs to me that I should mention that my computer’s monitor is 120hz. Might that be part of the issue with Black Ops 3?

Also, add Left 4 Dead 2 to the list of non-working (at least for me) games. VorpX causes it to crash and then displays an error of not being able to hook left4dead2.exe.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Being multiplayer only it would make sense that overwatch uses strong protection against hooking into it.

No issue with L4D2 here, it’s one of the usual test cases that are checked on a semi regular basis here. Maybe something is interfering with vorpX on your machine, might make sense to do a little bit of trouble shooting by closing everything that runs in the background.

Programs that may cause issues are: first and foremost aggressive virus scanners (use Windows Defender if you don’t), but also: any kind of GPU/CPU utility, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games. In general everything that alsi hooks into games can cause trouble. Also try to disable the Steam overlay. vorpX should take of that if necessary with the latest version, but it can’t hurt.

GreenGhost21
    Participant

Out of curiosity, does it matter if I have the Creator’s update for W10 or not? I’ve put off installing it because I heard it creates issues, but if it can get VorpX working with Black Ops 3, I think it’ll be worth it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!