Having Trouble Hooking into steam game

Homepage Forums Technical Support Having Trouble Hooking into steam game

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pailisu
    Participant

I’m currently trying to use Vorpx with PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, with how new the game is I noticed there’s no profile for it, anyway, when I run the file from the game directory It will successfully hook in but then I will get stuck at a “Loading…” screen indefinitely. But if I start it from steam itself, I get “injection failed: unable to hook: TslGame.exe” Not really sure where to go from here, been dabbling with it all night. Any help?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The best bet for getting games to work that have no profile is creating a custom profile in the config app. To do that you can make copies of exisiting games on the local profiles page and then assign the main .exe to the newly created profile.

Ideally the base profile should stem from a game using the same graphics engine. In that case you might even get 3d to work.

There is no guarantee though to make an unknown game work this way.

Pailisu
    Participant

Vorpx will work with the game when I run it from one of the launchers, the issue is, when I run the game from that launcher the game itself won’t work. It’s a bug within that I’ve had multiple other people test out. However, when I run it from the other launchers, Vorpx says it fails to hook into them. The profile I’m using should be fine then right? Since it will work on one of the launchers.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t comment on what exactly happens in this case since I never tried the game, sorry. As said above there is no guarantee that custom profiles work.

One thing that is important when making custom profiles is to assign the main .exe of the game to the newly created profile, not any launcher .exe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!