HAWX

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rob_F
    Participant

Hello,

I reached out to support@vorpx.com about this game before; I have the advanced authoring features enabled but I require the key. They didn’t respond before.

OK, I figured – I’m not defeated – let’s unpack the .exe and try to make our own key.

All I have to say Ralf is – you bastard – it’s packed .EXE with a .Net executable within.

Uncle! Uncle! I cry Uncle!

Please give me the key.

Rob

Rob_F
    Participant

Jesus.. Ralf really did *not* want people to analyze this thing. It’s not UPX packed, he appears to have written his own packer for this thing.

I throw myself upon your mercy, Ralf! I just want my game to have G3D!

Rob

RJK_
    Participant

In other words you tried to crack the software, now asking for support ?

Rob_F
    Participant

I was drunk, sorry. I tried to message them multiple times and I wasted and thought I’d get smart.

Err, sorry, again.

Rob_F
    Participant

Drunk me makes bad decisions. I tried to delete this trainwreck of a thread but it wouldn’t let me.

Sorry, people. I was just desperate to get that game working.

Rob_F
    Participant

In addition, you actually had to reverse engineer the *games* to get them working with a previous HMD I had. That’s where that knowledge even came from.

Sober me knows better than to do that to Ralf’s masterpiece. Drunk me didn’t.

Rob_F
    Participant

In other words you tried to crack the software, now asking for support ?

No. I was ignored by support, was intoxicated, and was desperate to get the game working.

Rob_F
    Participant

This is a shame. I would have liked to contribute to VorpX; and help make it a better product.

I tried several times over the period of several months trying to get the vaunted “key”. It annoyed me that the e-mails were just simply ignored, and I had some limited reversing experience from that previous HMD. Attempting to reverse the product itself was a massive mistake – and I apologize for that. I won’t attempt it again.

Admins – delete this thread, and my account. This whole situation is a mess.

Rob_F
    Participant

Yay! Ralf helped me out! These keys are no longer required for shader authoring. Hence, support not responding.

If I can get the HAWX profile working, I’ll be the first to create a new topic!

This thread can be nuked from orbit.

Thank you Ralf!

Rob_F
    Participant

Well, nobody seems to want to delete this thread – that’s unfortunate. I really made an ass of myself.

But, I did get HAWX working with stereoscopic 3D. It’s not perfect, but it has depth!

Suggestions and improvements are very much welcomed.

The profile is here: https://files.catbox.moe/20mno8.vpp

Enjoy, everyone!

Rob

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!