Head Tracking In Virtual Desktop Viewer?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Head Tracking In Virtual Desktop Viewer?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dustin
    Participant

Hello all. Does VorpX support head tracking in the virtual desktop viewer? I’d like to use this in a flight sim. Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can control the mouse with your head. Per default it’s off in the desktop viewer, but enabling it is just a single click. If your sim let’s you look around with the mouse that would work. There also is an option to let head tracking act as gamepad axis, but that is usually fairly laggy and not very precise due to how games handle gamepad input. Better than nothing though.

If the sim is based on DX9-11 or an older (‘fixed function’) OpenGL version you might also be able to create an actual 3D profile, although there is no guarantee for that.

Dustin
    Participant

Thank you. For a few years now Virtual Desktop has met my needs. Recently it’s not performing as well it used to. I’m hoping the desktop viewer in vorpX will meet my needs. I’m low vision and this lets me use the PC without a magnifier. It’s a godsend! Is there any documentation on using it? Currently, I don’t intend to leverage the VR functionality of vorpX. Very typically in proper VR I’m unable to see the game well enough to play it. I have an uncorrectable condition called “Ocular Albinism”. Thanks all!

Ralf
    Keymaster

I got back to you via mail. Let me know if it didn’t reach you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!