Head Tracking Init Failed – DK2 – December

Homepage Forums Technical Support Head Tracking Init Failed – DK2 – December

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Pianoscore
    Participant

Hey Guys,

So I just bought Vorpx, but I’m getting an error message saying “Head tracking init failed”.

I know this was a problem during the early stages of the DK2 release, but I’ve seen users (via youtube etc) using the headtracking feature…

I’ve tried the Rift in multiple USB’s, monitor positions, disabling various usb devices on my rig currently, all with no avail :(

Note that the RiftConfigUtil does not display the serial number of the camera… perhaps this is the issue??

moarveer
    Participant

Does it work with other apps? Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Pianoscore
    Participant

The headtracking does work, but the positional tracking doesn’t…

I’m on firmware 2.12 :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Positional tracking has to be unlocked by us on a game to game basis since it can introduce graphical glitches in some games. The next vorpX version though will allow you to override this lock for all Geometry 3D games at your own “risk”.

Pianoscore
    Participant

Positional tracking is understandable, but as I said, I don’t even have headtracking… The only way I can move the via is via the controller.

Pianoscore
    Participant

Update – I’ve gotten positional tracking and the camera is running all demos perfectly. Still getting the headtracking init failed.

ANything on this guys? I’ve basically just bought a $40 product that wont work.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you still have the issue with the Oculus Config Utility not showing your camera serial, there is something wrong with your general Rift setup. Normally it shows a serial number.

vorpX doesn’t do anything special. It simply initializes the Rift with the according SDK call. If that call fails or times out, it shows an error message. Only thing I can recommend is to try different Oculus Runtime versions. Normally everything from 0.4.2 to 0.4.4 should work, but maybe something is different on your PC.

Also please make sure that you have no other program open that accesses the Rift while using vorpX.

One other thing, although that probably isn’t your issue: some games (for example Bethesda RPGs) disable the mouse when a gamepad is connected, which also disables vorpX head tracking. If you have a gamepad connected, please make sure to either disable it in the game’s options or disconnect the gamepad (at least for testing purposes).

Pianoscore
    Participant

Hmmm I just posted saying the camera is completely operational now…

I’ve gotten positional tracking and the camera is running all demos perfectly. Still getting the headtracking init failed.

I’ll try disconnecting the gamepad or different SDKs tonight. Thanks

Pianoscore
    Participant

Same story – I’ve tried adding a bunch of files that may be toying with the rift in the background, tried disconnecting the gamepad, tried 3 different SDKs. All give me the same result.

Basically I’ve just wasted $40 then?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!