"Head tracking init failed" HALP

Homepage Forums Technical Support "Head tracking init failed" HALP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dochollis
    Participant

“Head tracking init failed. Tracking will not be available. There might be other programs open that try to access the tracker.”

This happens with EVERY game. I have tried disabling everything that I could think of that would be using the tracking, I even added my running processes and services to the exception list…still a no go.

I can’t find anything else on this in the forums, any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-dochollis

Ralf
    Keymaster

Most likely there is another program running that blocks the tracker (possibly a crashed one). The Oculus tracker can only be accessed by one program at a time.

There is a pretty good chance that re-booting Windows will solve the issue.

Hope that helps.

Shimmer
    Participant

Try unplugging and reconnecting the rift usb cable. I need to do this every time I reboot to get head tracking to work (even in the Tuscany demo).

Yondragon
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve exactly the same issue – i’ve try to reboot, turn off programs, plug/unplug but each time get the same message “Head tracking init failed. Tracking will not be available. There might be other programs open that try to access the tracker”

Currently i’ve tried on Borderland 2 and mirror’s edge. If you find something let us know

thanks

Yondragon
    Participant

OK find the issue bad connection with the USB (damned cat) – everything work fine now

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!