Head tracking sometimes works sometimes doesn't..

Homepage Forums Technical Support Head tracking sometimes works sometimes doesn't..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mpmo
    Participant

Last week for some reason head tracking wouldn’t work with any game, but then today i tried portal 2 and it was working fine, but the right stick (of the ps4 controller connected using ds4windows) wouldn’t move the camera..i had to physically turn around. Although using the mouse to move the camera worked

then i tried rocket league with the same controller but this time head tracking was again not working, even though it was enabled…help?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Only thing that comes to mind is maybe the gamepad override configuration. Try to reset the profiles in question to their default values in the config app if you didn’t do that already.

mpmo
    Participant

Hey ralf, i tried restoring the profile but it still didn’t fix it :/

i can’t even use the right stick to move the camera in portal 2..

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check whether mouse and/or VR controllers work. If they do, maybe you can use those instead of your gamepad.

mpmo
    Participant

yeah mouse works but i still can’t move my head around in rocket league full vr mode, i used to be able to that, but now i have to keep my head very still while i play or else it just causes headache cause it won’t move the view when i move my head

any suggestions? i really don’t have a clue what i’m doing wrong. I tried both inputmapper and ds4windows (for connecting my ps4 controller to my pc) but no difference

Ralf
    Keymaster

I have no experience with your PS4 gamepad mapping software, sorry. I wouldn’t really be surprised though if using an external/additional gamepad mapping tool causes glitches.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!