Headset Sync ‘Fast’ causes stutter

Homepage Forums Technical Support Headset Sync ‘Fast’ causes stutter

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    steph12
    Participant

for me the default “fastest” setting in vorpx now = stutters in all my games.

rtx 3090
    ryzen 3600x 4.3 all cores
    16gb ddr4
    valve index.
    w10 64 bits
    tried many nvidia drivers.

didnt happen before some vorpx update.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can’t put my finger on this currently, but I did make some changes to the ‘Headset Sync’ ‘Fast’ method. I’ll take a look at that later today.

For the time being please set it to ‘Safe’ whenever you encounter stutter that wasn’t there before the last update. Will be fixed ASAP.

steph12
    Participant

yes i’m using safe for now :)

thank you Ralf, i hope you’ll get this fixed asap :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

I already have it working as intended again, classic over-optimization that in the end does the opposite of optimizing in some cases. Will be fixed in the next update.

steph12
    Participant

good news :)))

thank you Ralf !!

KwisatzHaderach
    Participant

Yay that’s one of the two things I came here for. The other is I bound edge peak to a key combo instead of a single key (ctrl+]), but it only turns on, it never goes back to full vr mode after that, it’s edge peak forever until I go into VorpX menu and toggle to another mode like cinema or immersion then back.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The issue the original post was about has been addressed in vorpX 21.1.1. If you still encounter stutter with headset sync set to ‘Fast’ in a game, check whether either enabling FluidSync or setting headset sync to ‘Safe’ helps.

Some headsets as well as some games may work worse than others with uneven game FPS to headset FPS ratios. In such cases FluidSync usually does the trick. Headset sync ‘Safe’ can also be useful, especially in cases where the GPU is completely overloaded. Costs FPS, but gives the GPU some leeway.

No problem here with key combos for EdgePeek. Just in case you didn’t do that already, maybe try a different one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!