Helicopter games such as Apache AA

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Helicopter games such as Apache AA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kjracing81
    Participant

Hi does anyone know of any good dedicated helicopter games running on vorpx yet? If not is there any chance Apache will work in the future?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Most likely support for Take On Helicopters will be added shortly, it’s based on an engine that works fine with vorpX, it’s already on the list.

Never heard of newer Apache sims until today, but there seems to be game called Apache Air Assault which might work with vorpX, I guess that’s the one you mean. As always, no promises, but I’ll take a look at it.

kjracing81
    Participant

That is indeed the one I mean. I would be grateful if you let me know the result.
    Thanks

kjracing81
    Participant

How do I test the game with vorpx? It works with tridef but I vant figure out the best settings

kjracing81
    Participant

any joy on this Ralf?

Thilus
    Participant

I don’t know about Apache:AA, but your best bet by far for Oculus action in a helicopter is DCS: Black Shark (or Huey, if you lean that way). It can be dialed down to be pretty game-ish, but it already works with current Oculus headsets. The only downside is the horsepower required to run it, and the res makes it hard to read a HUD or small dials. It’s still pretty excellent.
    I imagine EECH will eventually be modded for Oculus, but it’s getting pretty dated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!