Help Reaching Support Regarding Press Copy

Homepage Forums Installation and Registration Support Help Reaching Support Regarding Press Copy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Proxish
    Participant

Hello,

My name is Russell. I’ve been trying to get in touch with the VorpX support team for over two weeks now to request a press copy, in order to both run an overview and create a tutorial series on using VorpX with both an OSVR and with a Google Cardboard via Riftcat, but I’ve had absolutely no response thus far.

As I cannot find a social media page, or any other means of contacting the support other than the Contact Us page, and an email address, both of which I have already tried, can a moderator from this forum please get back to me so I can discuss obtaining a copy of Vorpx?

Thanks,
    Russell.

Ralf
    Keymaster

VorpX does not work with OSVR and Google Cardboard. You need either an Oculus Rift or HTC Vive for vorpX.

Proxish
    Participant

VorpX does not work with OSVR and Google Cardboard. You need either an Oculus Rift or HTC Vive for vorpX.

The OSVR has a SteamVR driver, which makes it compatible with all HTV Vive games.

And Riftcat is a streaming service from PC to Android phones that is compatible with both SteamVR and Oculus Rift titles.

So in both scenarios, VorpX should work even though there isn’t native support. Those are the reasons I’m trying to obtain a press copy, so I can evaluate how well both scenarios work, find any bugs and workarounds, and upload tutorials for both the OSVR and Google Cardboard on how to use VorpX.

Proxish
    Participant

Bumping in the hopes that a customer representative gets back to me.

At the very least, I’d like to be able to update the people that watch my videos on YouTube, and tell them that VorpX isn’t interested in providing a press copy, rather than having to tell them I was ignored for over two weeks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi Proxish,

Despite OSVR having the ability to play OpenVR titles the answer is the one I gave above. vorpX at this stage is for Oculus Rift/HTC Vive only, sorry.

Proxish
    Participant

Hello Ralf,

Sorry, I didn’t realise you were an employee of Vorpx, I only just noticed your title of Keymaster.

I’m sorry to hear your company isn’t interested in sponsoring an overview and tutorial series at this point in time.

I just received my OSVR today so I can’t gauge how popular my tutorial series will be. However I would like to point out that OSVR posted on the 17th of May that the OSVR is now working with Project Cars via the SteamVR/OSVR driver. That post on Facebook has had 18,289 likes in the last 8 days.
    That means that of the 25,344 people that are following OSVR, 72% took notice of their post and were interested.

So being able to tell people that the OSVR can now play each game in your VorpX library right now (after testing, setup process and settings customization is done by myself and uploaded as a tutorial), even if not working natively, would still bring massive attention to your program.

My video on how to get Elite Dangerous working with Google Cardboard via Riftcat and the SteamVR driver has had 1262 views since the 18th of may, so there is definite interest in being able to stream games in VR from PC to phone as well. So you’d be bringing in two entire new markets to your product and at the same time, helping introduce people to stereoscopic 3D VR in older games that they love, which is the reason I’ve started creating tutorials.

I really hope you change your mind, if you do, please let me know as I’d love to get started on a series involving your program.

Karlor
    Participant

Not trying to shit on your whole “press copy” but you know you could just BUY vorpx… just get each of your subs to give you .82 cents and you’ll be able to buy it! But honestly if they were going to give out a free copy to review it wouldn’t be to someone with no audience just saying. Anyway if you are actually into seeing whats so great about vorpx then just buy it dude.

Proxish
    Participant

OSVR have supplied a HMD, and both Tridef 3D and MyDream Swift have both happily supplied press copies of their software, and actively stayed in touch while I review their programs, and ready for an overview and tutorial if need be.

At this point, the only VR related software developer that has declined is VorpX.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hello Proxish, If/when we will support OSVR, we will announce it on the website. That is the only answer I can give to your request, sorry.

Proxish
    Participant

Hello Ralf,

I know, and I updated my audience on your reply few weeks ago. I was only replying to Karlor.

Please however keep in mind, the OSVR now fully works with SteamVR in direct mode.
    You can see the announcement at the following OSVR Reddit and ask any questions you have about it to godbyk there, he is one of the contributors to the OSVR/SteamVR driver over on Github and should be able to answer any questions you have, if I can’t.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I understand that OSVR works with SteamVR. As soon as OSVR headsets gain any significant traction in the VR market, which will hopefully happen soon, things will change for us. Until then we can’t provide support for OSVR in any way. Sorry again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!