Here today, gone tomorrow?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Here today, gone tomorrow?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    KristoferNathan
    Participant

Yesterday, everything was up and running perfectly. Loaded VorpX up today to play again and none of the previously working games will work. VorpX doesn’t seem to be catching them at all. Tried reinstalling (without deleting registry info of course), nothing. Any ideas?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you install anything else in the meantime? When vorpX can’t hook multiple games in a similar fashion usually something is interfering. Quite a few other programs also hook into games, not all of them are obvious. The help has a trouble shooting guide with a few hints in this regard.

Another thing worth trying is going back to an eatlier Windows system restore point. I would probably try that first. May save you the trouble shooting altogether with a bit of luck.

KristoferNathan
    Participant

Nothing changed in Windows and no additional applications have been installed since then. Creating a direct shortcut worked for now. Still worth noting the bug. Not quite sure what the issue is.

Karlor
    Participant

When I saw this I thought of King’s Quest.. ahh those were the days.
    Anyway that sucks it did that. The update also seemed to revert some of my settings to original.

KristoferNathan
    Participant

Seems to be an issue with loading Steam before loading VorpX. I get the best results when I load VorpX first using my high performance video card rather than the integrated one and then loading steam after.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can you disable the integrated graphics altogether in your laptop? Not many allow this, but maybe you are lucky. The switching between the graphics cards during game start sounds like a more likely cause of issues to me than the start order of Steam/vorpX.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!