Hitman 3 won’t launch in non-vr after using Vorpx

Homepage Forums Technical Support Hitman 3 won’t launch in non-vr after using Vorpx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tielmanc
    Participant

I attempted to run Hitman 3 in VR using Vorpx a couple of days ago. Wasn’t thrilled with the results, but they were passable. The next day, I tried to run the game normally. It won’t start; when I click “Play” in the launcher, the launcher closes and reopens the Epic store. However, if I start Vorpx, I can run it in Vr.

I assume Vorpx changed a game setting somewhere that prevents it from launching normally. This game is not in Vorpx’s “restore game settings” list, so I can’t use that option.

Vorpx changes a game’s configuration, correct? Does anyone know how it does that, and how I can undo it? I haven’t tried a full reinstall yet.

ToxicMike
    Participant

Vorpx changes a game’s configuration, correct?

From what i know and experienced, it changes only FOV to fit the right size on certain occiasons (CYBERPUNK 2077 for example) and of course you can turn this vorpX-feature off in the vorpX configuration, so then vorpX stops making any changes at all.

Tielmanc
    Participant

SOLVED

It was the hook helper! Thanks ToxicMike for your guess… you actually did lead me back into the Vorpx config menu.

For anyone else experiencing this problem, go into your Vorpx Configuration and click on “Remove Hook Helpers.” In my case, Hitman 3 was the only game where I used that feature. I removed it and it works!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!