Homeworld

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    peteski123
    Participant

Hi,
    Ralf mentioned earlier before release of .9 that he had the remastered Homeworld looking awesome on Vorpx I believe. Has anyone tried this and does it have 3d please?
    Thanks
    Pete

Ralf
    Keymaster

I have tried if that counts. Extensively…

No Stereo 3D though and probably won’t happen anytime soon. Only older OpenGL games which use the so called fixed function pipeline have Stereo 3D.

Nothing is set in stone for the future, but I’m not sure whether the handfull of popular games that use OpenGL justify the time required to implement Stereo 3D for newer, shader based titles, which would be considerably more complex.

Although the exact opposite of a title well suited for VR the game still is really great in virtual cinema mode. It’s one of those games that are able to literally suck you in just through their atmosphere. That combined with the almost view filling screen in virtual cinema provides a level of immersion that, although very different from real VR, is hard to match.

I may be a tiny little bit biased ;), but even with the Homeworld fanboy glasses taken off I would consider this at least worth trying if you like strategy games (and most importantly marveling at fighting spaceships in a beautifully designed universe).

peteski123
    Participant

Thanks for the info Ralf,
    I might have to give it a try then, it’s been a Long time since I played it
    Regards
    Pete

matteo39
    Participant

homeworld remastered is playable with vorpx?

RJK_
    Participant

The original games doesnt look too bad if you manage it to run.
    Read on here:

Homeworld

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!