Hooking into Combat Flight Sim 3 (FSX / WoFF)

Homepage Forums Technical Support Hooking into Combat Flight Sim 3 (FSX / WoFF)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Waggaz
    Participant

Hi support and community,

I recently bought VorpX to replicate what this guy has done with WoFF, getting VorpX to hook into its engine (Combat Flight Sim 3) using the Flight Sim X template; he has it working fine – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k130n3K6PPI&t=650s

I also have the G2 headset and a similar specced PC. I notice he has a slightly older version of WoFF which still uses CFS3 for the 3D engine, and a slightly older VorpX which doesnt have a separate WMR choice for VR, including it within Steam VR.

I’ve tried every combination I can think of in the setup to get VorpX to hook into CFS3, including waiting for it to time out and install the ‘hook helper’, but it refuses to hook. I know VorpX works as I had it working fine with ARMA3.

Could anyone in support offer me advice? Could something have changed with the newer VorpX version?

Thanks!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not sure if that helps, but the FSX profile is DX9 only, so you would have to make sure to launch Combat Flight Sim 3 in DX9 mode.

Waggaz
    Participant

Hi, CFS3 is starting automatically in DX9 mode. I guess the devs already have this built into the command line.

Waggaz
    Participant

You can see from that YouTube video that whoever this guy is that has it working is using a modern setup and didn’t have to force DX9 anywhere in the settings. WoFF is starting CFS3 in DX9 automatically

Waggaz
    Participant

Hi, CFS3 is starting automatically in DX9 mode. I guess the devs already have this built into the command line.

Hey, can I assume that there’s nothing you can do to support in this instance?
    Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

I never tried the game, so I can’t really say anything specific.

The only thing that *might* be useful is checking whether the hook helper was installed as D3D9 hook helper. Since the FSX engine supports both DX9 and DX10 the hook helper might have been installed as DX10+ helper. To check that browse to the game’s install folder and if it contains a file named dxgi.dll (that would be the hook helper acting as DX10+ helper), simply rename it to d3d9.dll.

Also make sure that nothing else is running that also hooks into DirectX, basically anything that can display overlays in games.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!