Hooks fine, Nothing in Headset (Quest 2)

Homepage Forums Technical Support Hooks fine, Nothing in Headset (Quest 2)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Erroneous_Dong
    Participant

I was initially attempting to run Sea of Thieves, but decided I ought to try something that has a local profile to be sure. I tried Monster Hunter World as well.
    I did get the headset to work with Elite Dangerous, just to make sure it works on its own.
    It’s directly connected with a thunderbolt 3 cable, and shows as connected in the Oculus program.
    Launching either of the tested games does result in hooking, with the logo on the bottom, but the headset just displays its home screen.
    I gave the forum a scan, and didn’t see anything, so I’m hoping I’ve just overlooked something (also kudos to Ralf for being so responsive).
    Thanks in advance!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just in case: you have to select ‘Oculus’ as your headset type in the vorpX config app for using your Quest 2 wired via Oculus Link and to ‘SteamVR’ for using it wirelessly with an additional streaming app (e.g. Virtual Desktop).

Erroneous_Dong
    Participant

It is set to Oculus in vorpX, not trying to do anything fancy wirelessly, but I am aware that if I wanted to, it’d be set to SteamVR. Should’ve mentioned it was set correctly, sorry.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not much I can think of other than maybe some multi GPU issue to be honest. If you happen to use a gaming laptop, it might make sense to disable the internal GPU of a gaming laptop to ensure that the game is running on the same GPU that the headset uses.

If that is not your problem, please create a trouble shoot archive in the config app directly after trying to launch some game(s) and send that to support at vorpx com, maybe your logfiles show something unusual.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!