How do I get World of Warcraft working?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion How do I get World of Warcraft working?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Spanky Deluxe
    Participant

I bought VorpX a couple of days ago after seeing it listed as one of the games supported for Stereo 3D with the rift in the “Basic Facts” section.

Unfortunately, I just can’t get 3D to work. It launches fine and I can see the game in front as a ‘virtual screen’, which is fine and what I’d expected but the game itself is 2D. I have friends that play WoW with 3D monitors so I know it has stereo 3D support.

I don’t see any World of Warcraft profiles in the VorpX control panel. Are there any settings I can tweak to fix this problem?

NipOc
    Participant

-VorpX has a profile for WoW. It is listed under Trouble Shooting in the Control Panel.
    -Did you use the ingame control panel? You can open it with [del].
    Try to switch to another 3D mode from there.

peteski123
    Participant

WOW doesn’t have 3d support for Vorpx.
    I used to play WOW with Nvidia stereo 3d glasses, it was very very good and well worth getting if they still support it themselves. But I heard they broke it a while ago.
    regards

NipOc
    Participant

Are you sure Z3D doesn’t work either ?

Spanky Deluxe
    Participant

I tried it again earlier and it definitely wasn’t 3D. I don’t know what Z3D is. This is an issue that I really think needs to be fixed. I wasn’t expecting a 360 degree version of WoW as I know the engine won’t allow anything like that but I was expecting a stereo 3D screen in front of me. I bought VorpX specifically because it said this game was supported so I’m very keen to get this fixed.

Spanky Deluxe
    Participant

Is there any official update to this? It’s the reason I bought the software – it was advertised as supported. I want to believe in this secret sauce but I’m not exactly getting value for money right now.

Ralf
    Keymaster

World of Warcraft currently is Z-Buffer 3D (Z3D) only. Generally this means “less 3D” than Geometry 3D (G3D), but roughly twice the FPS.

robbiedarza
    Participant

Hello, has anyone got this working on dk2 yet please?

Thanks

Robbie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!