How do you disable the Oculus Touch controllers in game? and Resi 7 gfx issue

Homepage Forums Technical Support How do you disable the Oculus Touch controllers in game? and Resi 7 gfx issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    NovaGB
    Participant

Hi i bought a VorpX license last week, i decided to get into it today, i tried Alien Isolation and Resident Evil 7, both seem pretty good in VR (but blurry compared to native vr games) but the problem i’m having is my oculus touch controllers keep alerting me to pick them up when in game, and my xbox controller keeps flicking back and forth to the keyboard.

Basically i just want to control the game with my controller, i found the games unplayable so far because of the constant switching, i looked in the VorpX in-game keybindings and it just shows keyboard bindings so no option to disable anything.

Also is there a way to make Resident Evil 7 run a bit better and less blurry? i’m running it on a 2080ti, ryzen 3800x and 16gb of ddr 4 3200, and when i’m outside it drops to 40 fps, inside it bounces around 60-70 and i’d like to have consistent frames

Edit: i’m using a Oculus Rift S

Ralf
    Keymaster

In general: You can run games at any resolution, the higher the resolution, the better the image quality. You can even add resolutions to your PC that it does not support otherwise, which can help to improve things a lot. More detailed information including a step-by-step guide in the ‘Custom Resolutions’ section of the vorpX help.

For Resident Evil 7 it’s even simpler since the game has an option to raise the internal render resolution in its options menu. Can’t remember what it was called, but should be easy enough to spot in the graphics/video options. vorpX automatically sets it to 1.3x the game resolution, but you can go higher if that doesn’t hurt performance too much.

Touch controllers normally aren’t used by vorpX unless you pick them up and press a button. Before the first button press they are ignored by vorpX, so I’m not sure whether I understand your issue correctly. If you want to disable them completely for some reason, removing the batteries is probably your best bet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!