How take 3D screenshots and better performance on generic display with VD?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion How take 3D screenshots and better performance on generic display with VD?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    J0hnnieW4lker
    Participant

Anyway I can take 3D SBS screenshots? It would be nice if Vorpx had a native screenshot feature. I can take screenshots using the “generic 3D display” mode, the game runs on SBS on the TV, so I can take the screenshots and use Virtual Desktop on Quest with SBS. But I would like to use the native Vorpx virtual room with steam VR. BTW, I wonder if the performance is worse on Steam VR compared to the generic display SBS coz Steam VR will probably use more resources of the PC to run the game, and also Vorpx virtual room might use some resources too. So if I run the game on generic 3D display via Virtual Desktop server which is very light and does not use Steam VR or consume PC resources to run the virtual room, instead it runs the virtual room directly on Quest, using the Quest CPU instead of the PC. Does it means the performance is better via Virtual Desktop / generic display?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m not sure whether I understand the question correctly, but the easiest (and usually also the best) way to use vorpX with a Quest is selecting ‘Oculus’ as your headset type in the vorpX config app and using Oculus Link/Air Link for sending the image to the headset. Any additional tool added between vorpX and the headset just makes things more complicated.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!