How to fix inverted head tracking?

Homepage Forums Technical Support How to fix inverted head tracking?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    moccor
    Participant

I am trying to use Trinus PSVR with the latest vorpX but head tracking in this game is inverted no matter what settings I use. I tried inverting the settings both ingame and in vorpX settings. Any info would be appreciated.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please provide a bit more information. Difficult to say anything without knowing the game.

moccor
    Participant

Oh oops, I thought I did put the game name, Idk how that happened. I am trying to use it with Resident Evil Revelations 2

Ralf
    Keymaster

I see. Resident Evil Revelations 2 is a third person game, which means the camera rotates around the player character. vorpX can not change how the actual game works. When you play a game with third person camera in ‘Full VR’ mode, you basically fly around the player character when you rotate your head, which feels rather odd. Probably that’s what you perceive as ‘inverted’.

To deal with the matter in a general way about a year ago or so ‘Immersive Screen Mode’ was introduced, which now is the recommended way to play third person games. You can switch to immersive screen mode with the ‘Play Style’ option in the vorpX menu.

christian.djurberg
    Participant

Got it! Thx for clearing that out.
    But wouldnt it be possible to set that “fly around” camera function to invert then in VorpX Somehow?

Br

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can invert the direction in the vorpX menu, but that would make things even more odd. Changing the actual behavior of a third person camera is something only the game devs can do usually.

Still fun to try third person FullVR though. Personally I would prefer immersive screen mode for third person games, which feels more like one would expect a third person game to work in VR camera wise, but there is no harm in trying FullVR mode if you keep the slightly odd camera behavior in mind. One certainly can get accustomed to it.

christian.djurberg
    Participant

You can invert the direction in the vorpX menu, but that would make things even more odd. Changing the actual behavior of a third person camera is something only the game devs can do usually.

Still fun to try third person FullVR though. Personally I would prefer immersive screen mode for third person games, which feels more like one would expect a third person game to work in VR camera wise, but there is no harm in trying FullVR mode if you keep the slightly odd camera behavior in mind. One certainly can get accustomed to it.

unfortunately that Doesnt work in Mudrunner, its verry scetchy. Works 1 out of 11 times at most. Then stops working if changing to “Immersive mode” for example, then weh changing back to Full VR View again, it dosnt work. And is not even possible to get working in Invert again… Even tho that setting is still there for Invert…

Where do I report this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Never tried that game, it‘s not a supported game. I can‘t really say anything more specific than I said above.

Typically you will want to use Immersive Screen Mode for games like this one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!