How to get Riddick: Escape Butcher's Bay Developer's Cut to work with Win 10

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings How to get Riddick: Escape Butcher's Bay Developer's Cut to work with Win 10

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bcozier
    Participant

This is an openGL game which shouldn’t be hard to get Vorpx to hook for an awesome Immersive 3D mode experience. The problem is that many people don’t know how to get it to run properly in Win 10 or Win 7.

All you do is run Nvidia Profile Inspector then scroll down to Common Settings and in there look for Open GL Extension Limit and Choose 0x000011a8 then Apply Settings above. Now this older game will run on Windows 10 without crashing, and hopefully Ralf can get VorpX to hook for 3D.

RJK_
    Participant

If this is an OpenGL game you should be able to make a G3d profile for it using a game prfofile from around the same age with openGL.

bcozier
    Participant

Yeah I tried…but no luck

MagicMarco
    Participant

Any update on this?

RJK_
    Participant

I have just uploaded a profile for “Knights of the Temple” to the cloud.
    Follow these instructions : https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/have-you-gotten-an-unsupported-game-to-work-tell-us-which-one/page/6/#post-173634. Its the same manufacturer, same engine, same year. Tell me how it worked out for you.

matteo39
    Participant

I have just uploaded a profile for “Knights of the Temple” to the cloud.
    Follow these instructions : https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/have-you-gotten-an-unsupported-game-to-work-tell-us-which-one/page/6/#post-173634. Its the same manufacturer, same engine, same year. Tell me how it worked out for you.

i’ll try tonight…

but someone help me to play to rage :)

matteo39
    Participant

tried riddick

g3d works, but the visual is not perfect: i have headache :)

turktim7
    Participant

Anyone tried Riddick attack on Dark Athena yet? I would really like to play Butcher Bay in ful VR. Please make a profile if possible!

Ogrescar
    Participant

Dark Athena crashes when vorpx is running. I assigned it to various opengl profiles and it still crashed.

turktim7
    Participant

Any news on this?

duke54
    Participant

Ogrescar, what are the various OpenGL profiles?

matteo39
    Participant

up

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!