How to get Z3D looking good?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion How to get Z3D looking good?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    aaronth07
    Participant

No matter what I do, I tend to not be able to get Z3D looking good. I have tried both Z3D modes (with my preference changing with each game), but it never looks close to G3D in any type of game. Well obviously it’s fake 3D, but is there any way to get it looking better for the games that either don’t support G3D or run too poorly with it? I have tried many different settings so I don’t think it’s needed that I provide the settings that I used (especially considering the settings change for every game), but what settings are recommended for Z3D? And which Z3D mode is the best?

moarveer
    Participant

I suggest you increase 3d strength to max, it helps a bit. I find that first person games work best with z3d, since you don’t need much depth, but thrid person games don’t work too well.

Smoils
    Participant

Are you sure z3d is even on? Some game settings can disable it even in official profiles, settings like AA, its best to set every possible game settiing to minimum, test if z3d has obvious depth feel, if you have to ask yourself if you see depth then most likely its not working, working depth feel is obvious.

After you get it working and set graphics back to good except whatever disables z3d, then you have to set resolution to as higha s you can handle and fov at above 100 degrees, I prefer it around 120, but its overdone in most games at that value.

Resolution and fov are two best ways to make z3d look good, having no antialiasing at all can help too, will preserve small details better.

aaronth07
    Participant

Yeah i’m definitely sure it’s on. It has a 3D effect and I can see the artifacts. It just, doesn’t look that great with the games i’ve tried. And I mean the 3D effect itself doesn’t look great. Not the game’s clarity, or FOV, or the like.

aaronth07
    Participant

Also, on the rare time that it does look alright, there is usually a huge amount of artifacting. As an example, I just tried Deathloop and there were a lot of artifacts around the hands.

bravekat
    Participant

With Nier:Automata as an example, my system cannot handle it in g3d. I was able to get z3d looking almost as good by turning texture filtering to 0 and anti aliasing off, in the game settings. Also turning up z3d to max 3.0. Turning texture filtering off made the biggest difference for the z3d 3d effect though.

Smoils
    Participant

You will always have those, hands/weapon are up there in the camera almost so 3d separation is too much for pixels to be filled unnoticed, you can either fix close objects looking good or have 3d feel on far objects.

Z3D isnt perfect, but in a dynamic game where you attention is drawn away from artifacts its enough to enchance gameplay experience, like say in rdr2 when outside I can really feel like its a wast open space, or if Im in a train tunnel I can feel like im in a narrow space.

Weapons in hand, thin wires, trees will all have ghostly, watery auras because either too close or 3d mesh reported by depth information is bigger than wire/leaf textures with transparency.

Michelangel0
    Participant

How to get Z3D looking good?
    Easy, turn it off and go for Geometry 3D :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!