how to increase game resolution in oculus DK2?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion how to increase game resolution in oculus DK2?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hamedham
    Participant

hi guys.
    im using oculus dk2 and games qualilty is low.
    is there any way to increase games quality to use in vorpx?
    thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can choose any resolution you want in the game options. The default recommendation of 1280×1024 is a compromise between quality and performance. for the best possible quality choose 1600×1200 or 1920×1440. Just keep an eye on performance, especially new games might not run fast enough with higher resolutions. If your monitor does not support these resolutions, running games windowed may help.

In a handful of games (e.g. Skyrim) you can also upscale internally in vorpX. The according option is called Internal Resolution Upscale and can be found on the image page of the vorpX ingame menu if it is avilable for a game.

hamedham
    Participant

i tested other resolution but i got error.
    default resolution only has no error.
    did I forgot something to install??
    i have latest ocullus software but all of games runs in my system with low quality in oculus rift DK2. and make me have headache!
    what should I do?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to run the game windowed. As stated above, if you run games fullscreen, your monitor has to support the resolution in question. If for example you have a 1920×1080 monitor, you likely won’t be able to run games with 1600×1200 unless you run them windowed.

lipplog
    Participant

The default recommendation of 1280×1024

Just out of curiosity, is that Height 1280 and Width 1024, or Width 1280 and Height 1024?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The official recommendatation are 1280 (width) x 1024 (height).

There are mainly two reasons for recommending 4:3/5:4 aspect ratios:

1. They are available per default, so inexperienced users don’t need to add resolutions to Windows.
    2. They provide a few extra pixels for vorpX’s async timewarp.

You can still experiment with other aspect ratios, of course. The performance gain usually isn’t worth the extra hassle campared to 5:4/4:3 though.

lipplog
    Participant

Thanks, Ralf!

Ralf
    Keymaster

I guess I should update the custom resolution post rather soon than later. The current state admittedly is a bit confusing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!