How to make World of Warcraft Works

Homepage Forums Technical Support How to make World of Warcraft Works

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Schummy1
    Participant

Hi!
    I’ve just purchased Vorpx to use it with some titles. Between these there is World of Warcraft cause i really want to visit Azeroth in 3D. I’ve read a lot of post in this forum but no guide how to make it works.
    I’ve installed Vorpx. Started. Launched Warcraft form executable, Vorpx start to attach wow.exe (wow64.exe doesn’t exist anymore) but nothing it doesn’t starts. What i’m doing wrong?
    I’ve to start Steam VR instead of Oculus rift software?
    BTW I’ve Win10.
    Thanks in advice for your help.
    And sorry If i missed some post regard wow.

Schummy1
    Participant

I’ve tried again and vorpx is stuck in “attaching wow.exe” and nothing else.
    Even vorpx desktop viewer is not working. I can see the oculus app loading screen inside my rift with “wait…”

Schummy1
    Participant

I’ve tried Farming Simulator 2017 and it starts.

masterkates
    Participant

dud… im trying it as well. no luck! can someone please put a setup in this forum?????

Schummy1
    Participant

On the other section of this forum they told me to try DX11 in advanced settings in WOW. Cause Vorpx doesn’t support DX12. Let’s try… :D

Schummy1
    Participant

Ok, i’ve tried with Dx11 and now it works really well. Now i’ve to find some setup for wow. :D BTW amazing!

steph12
    Participant

try out the fov mode, it’s amazing ! it’s somewhere on the vorpx forum.

tsilliev
    Participant

On the other section of this forum they told me to try DX11 in advanced settings in WOW. Cause Vorpx doesn’t support DX12. Let’s try… 😀

hello i am playing wow wotlk, there is no advanced option. If I edit the config file, when I start wow it just deletes the line.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX only works correctly with the current WoW build that can be launched from the Blizzard launcher. In that case everything should be configured automatically.

Minabe
    Participant

I just used Vorpx with wow-64.exe for 4.3.4 (pretty old expansion) and it attached correctly with 3D (each eye with it’s own image, or 3D SBS), you say 3D won’t work. Do you mean G3D? Or what would be the difference?

I am getting 60 fps which is nice though the graphics are a little old, but good enough for vr, my only problem is the fov.

Cetera
    Participant

tsilliev is playing WoW:WOTLK, or Wrath of the Lich King. It was the 3rd expansion, and heavily used in private servers. I think it is client version 3.3.5, and before WoW had a 64-bit client.

I’ve tried unsuccessfully to get VorpX to attach to this same client. I kinda suspect it just won’t work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!