How to move the virtual screen?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion How to move the virtual screen?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    apollon01
    Participant

Hi all,

For a while I was not sure whether to participate in this discussion as I did not intend to add an insult to an injury but for the sake of multiple user points of view, here we go :-)

Myself, for one, would also consider such feature to be useful. For the record, I have already expressed this wish some time ago:

Immersion screen & head track scaling

But since I felt the need to move the immersion screen down only in one single title (all the rest I play in FullVR), I did not push for a reply and let go. In the meantime, I also resorted into the “Btw” option, so problem solved.

I understand the list of possible future features is rather long and likely contains more pressing issues than the one discussed here. However if there is some time to have a look at that, some users might find it useful.

Thanks and all the best.

Milan

Ralf
    Keymaster

Stuff like this isn‘t really about adding another feature, that would be super trivial, it‘s about keeping the number of options in the menu at a halfway sane level. An unwinnable struggle between Apple and Linux if you want.

Just in case you didn‘t read through the whole thread: the way vorpX aligns your view to the screen is what you want (or at least should want), since it ensures that your view‘s center is where the game camera‘s view center is by aligning the center of the symmetrically rendered game to the asymmetric view frustum of the headset.

If for some reason you dislike the actually center-aligned position, you can help yourself with a little trick by moving your head down a little and pressing ALT+SPACE. When you move your head back to the original position, your view is now not centered to the screen anymore, but that way you can have the space above and below the screen sized the same if you dislike the actually centered position. So you can easily do what you want, just not with an option in the menu.

wkinne
    Participant

I am having this same issue. The ALT+SPACE makes no difference, I still have a huge area at the bottom of my viewing area. It does seem odd that there is no way to adjust this, has this changed? I do not see the top of my viewing area while the bottom of my viewing area is way to high. So I have a big brown area at the bottom of my headset screen.

MarcDwonn
    Participant

I apologize if i’m misunderstanding the issue at hand. But the ergonomically correct position of the virtual screen should be slightly lower than the vertical center of your FOV if you look straight forward.

The reason for this is that a relaxed head position is slightly looking downwards. That’s exactly what desktop ergonomics recommendations have been suggesting for many years now – flatscreen monitor slightly below, and tilted in a way that you’re looking at a perpendicular angle to the screen.

Virtual Desktop has a great solution for this (besides regular “sliders” for vertical and horizontal position). Holding the left grip moves your screen freely with the left controller.

Ralf
    Keymaster

In immersive screen mode the screen can be tilted downwards under ‘More Immersive Screen Options’ on the main page of the menu.

MarcDwonn
    Participant

Ah, must have forgotten about this option. Thank for the reminder!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!