How to play Fallout 4 with the Vive remote?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion How to play Fallout 4 with the Vive remote?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ceoyang
    Participant

Hey guys, I just got my Vive to work with Fallout 4. The game works just fine, but I can only play the game with my mouse and keyboard. If I cannot use the Vive remote to point and shoot, I think it defeats the whole purpose of playing in VR. Is there a way to play Fallout 4 with the Vive remote?

AerowynX
    Participant

VorpX doesn’t add in motion controller functionality in any game. Best bet is wait for Bethesda to release the official Fallout 4 VR game which will have full motion controller support

ceoyang
    Participant

I see. I wonder if there is a mod for fallout 4 that supports the remote like GTA5

Ralf
    Keymaster

The next vorpX version will utilize the Vive controllers. Not as direct hand controllers, since that is only possible in games with quite extensive mod support, but you will be able to use the controllers for moving around, shooting etc. by mapping a game’s control scheme to the Vive controllers. That doesn’t work equally well for everyone and every game, but the option will be there for most games.

AerowynX
    Participant

The next vorpX version will utilize the Vive controllers. Not as direct hand controllers, since that is only possible in games with quite extensive mod support, but you will be able to use the controllers for moving around, shooting etc. by mapping a game’s control scheme to the Vive controllers. That doesn’t work equally well for everyone and every game, but the option will be there for most games.

Dolphin VR does this and honestly it’s pretty awful.. the trackpads don’t make good direct replacements for thumbsticks.. they are very versatile overall and great for multiple functions when used as your hands in VR but just poor when used to emulate a controller.. just using a regular controller is much better imho

Ralf
    Keymaster

I agree that it’s not ideal with the Vive controllers, clearly a matter of taste, or maybe just a matter of getting used to the touchpads. But it probably will work fairly well with Oculus Touch. I don’t have a pair yet, but these should be able to mimic a gamepad control scheme fairly well.

AerowynX
    Participant

I agree that it’s not ideal with the Vive controllers, clearly a matter of taste, or maybe just a matter of getting used to the touchpads. But it probably will work fairly well with Oculus Touch. I don’t have a pair yet, but these should be able to mimic a gamepad control scheme fairly well.

yea the touch layout would definitely be more ideal for gamepad mimicing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!