How to remove ghosting artifacts in 3rd person games

Homepage Forums Technical Support How to remove ghosting artifacts in 3rd person games

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DrRobotnik
    Participant

Hi all,

I just bought VorpX and am super excited to use it with all my non-VR games.

I’ve tested it out on quite a few games in my library including Sekiro, Fallen Jedi, Monster Hunter World, New Vegas and Crysis.

I’ve noticed that in the 3rd person games there’s quite a lot of ghosting when moving the character around, especially around the body of the character.

I’ve tried turning off VSync, changing resolutions and disabling all of the post-processing effects i.e. motion blur etc. Has anyone experienced the same issue and found a way to eliminate it?

Many thanks in advance!

Ralf
    Keymaster

If by ghosting you mean the shimmer around foreground objects with Z3D that’s an inherent artifact caused by the way Z3D works. The only way to reduce it is reducing the Z3D strength.

DrRobotnik
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your rapid response.

It isn’t a shimmer, when you move you can see a hard outline of certain objects on the screen where they were before you moved. It disappears quite quickly but it is quite nauseating. It might not be ghosting but it’s the only way I can think of to describe it. Is there a way of taking a screenshot in VorpX? If so I could show you what I mean. Meanwhile I’ll try reducing Z3D strength to see if it makes a difference.

DrRobotnik
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

So I’ve experimented some more. Character movement isn’t the issue. When still and moving the camera the HUD elements and character judder quite a lot, it looks like glitching out. It stops when I stop moving the camera.

Also, a separate issue, when enabling Geometry 3D the right eye is black. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Switching to G3D may require a game restart in games with more complex renderers. If that is known to be the case, you see an according hint directly below the 3D option in the menu. Just in case: make sure to press OK&SAVE in the menu before you restart to ensure G3D is active on start.

DrRobotnik
    Participant

I played with the settings and turning off ‘Tracking prediction’ fixed the judder issues I was having. Is there any way to reset all of the settings to default? I’ve played around with them a lot and now I know to turn off ‘Tracking prediction’ I want the other values back the way they were.

As for G3D, the game (Sekiro) boots in G3D as it’s a DirectVR game and it defaults to this. I just tried it again and have the same issue, the right eye screen is black. I can still see the VorpX menu through the right lens, and the scenery around the screen in Immersive and Cinema Mode, but the screen itself is black. After tweaking all of the settings nothing fixes this so I’m a bit lost on this one!

Thanks so much for your help so far Ralf it’s appreciated.

DrRobotnik
    Participant

In case it helps with your thinking, I just tried it in Monster Hunter World and G3D works fine, so it’s something to do with Sekiro. Could it be to do with DX?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!