How to set up for rectangular images

Homepage Forums Technical Support How to set up for rectangular images

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mhalsan
    Participant

I’m a new user, migrating to VorpX from older 3D/VR drivers, both of which have gone out of business. I’m looking forward to gaming with this new 3D driver; the older solutions really slow down modern games.

I’ve got VorpX installed as “Generic VR, desktop”, resolution, FOV; no problem with basic settings. However I need to get rid of the “goggles” overlay, turn off the circular distortion, and remove the VorpX watermark. I’m guessing that there are shaders that can be disabled/adjusted to do this (like in ReShade).

Here’s what I need: (screenshot from Oblivion running on older 3D software)

Oblivion in 3D

Display Device: 3840x1080x60 (Nvidia, appears as a single display device), Mode: Side-by-side.

I’d appreciate your advice! Thanks, Mark

mhalsan
    Participant

I’ve found another post asking a similar question, and I found the settings page where distortion can be removed.

I still haven’t found a way to remove the black mask from the image, nor turn off the VorpX watermark.

Is there a hidden menu somewhere that provides more options? I was sure I saw an option for this but I haven’t found it again. If TriDef and IZ3D can do it, VorpX should do it better.

Thanks, mark

Ralf
    Keymaster

First please keep in mind that vorpX is designed for VR headsets. Most of its functionality is geared specifically towards VR. There are currently no plans to change this VR focus. If you want to use vorpX for anything else, you are basically on your own.

That said, you can disable the logo and raise the vignette scale in two ini files:

[GUI] bShowWatermark in C:\ProgramData\Animation Labs\vorpX\vorpX.ini
    [User] fVignetteScale in C:\ProgramData\Animation Labs\vorpX\Devices\Display\GenericHMD.ini

The C:\ProgramData folder is hidden per default. If you can’t see it, enable ‘Show hidden files’ in Windows Explorer.

mhalsan
    Participant

OK. I changed bShowWatermark to false, and that’s taken care of.

What should fVignetteScale be set to? Less than 1 makes it even tinier. Larger numbers have no effect.

The entire image is being properly rendered underneath this “vignette” effect. I just need to turn that one feature off and we have full success!

Thanks, Mark

mhalsan
    Participant

I found another thread, referencing an older version of VorpX, that mentioned a maximum of 1.3000 for the fVignetteScale. Is that limit still present? It would explain why larger numbers didn’t expand the vignette any.

Thanks, Mark

Ralf
    Keymaster

The maximum is 1.3. As said above vorpX is designed for VR headsets. Most of its functionality is geared specifically towards VR. There are currently no plans to change this VR focus.

mhalsan
    Participant

Considering that I’m a paying customer. asking politely and nicely for a very minor adjustment I find your dismissive response disappointing.

Not going to bother asking for a refund, not going to give you the satisfaction!

RJK_
    Participant

This is a joke isnt it ?

zahncisten
    Participant

It should be. It makes more sense as a joke 😜

sinthetix
    Participant

So is this response still valid or not? I’ve registered today as I planned to purchase a copy, but I saw your message. I don’t have a headset, I planned to use it with some glasses like BoboVR or similar because I have a modified version of moonlight for android which allows you to stream in SBS(VR cinema mode for cardboard). That allows you to move your head but the image remain sticky to your front…
    So you guys actually want to say that you did such a huge amount of work on this driver and cannot remove a simple glasses overlay from the view?
    That’s just very disappointing…

sinthetix
    Participant

P.S. And I don’t get the point to ignore that, as you sell it with the same price to users with simple glasses(which are much more than users who can afford a real headset)..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!