How to stabilize shake Head Tracking

Homepage Forums Technical Support How to stabilize shake Head Tracking

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Yohaskan
    Participant

When i’m in game, and not moving my head, i see a lot of shake wolrd.
    I can ajust that issue by lower sensitivity Head Tracking, but that affect too my HT rotation. At 0.50 it’s relativly stable, but rotation is too slow
    if too low, it make a stall on of the world rotation speed, relative to the headset
    (and 0 no shake but no rotation at all)

How to fix these shaking ?
    have you a another filter somewhere ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX dosn’t do any custom filtering on the head tracking data. It uses the data provided by the Oculus/OpenVR runtime depending on your headset.

RJK_
    Participant

I had a similar problem today. The game was jumpimg may be 50 px in the X-Y-Z direction when i slightly moved my head. After doing some debugging i came to the result that because headtracking is mousebound in (some) games, the X and Y sensitivity of the game can be too high. I my case i lowered the mouse sensitivity way under the minimun setting of the game (ini-tweak) the headtracking now works smooooother then ever !

Ralf
    Keymaster

If it’s an older game that can safely run at 90fps or close to that, disabling FluidSync also can provide better mouse based head tracking.

RJK_
    Participant

Today i was playing with the settings i mentioned above. Wasnt still not much satisfied with it and tweaked up and down all day.

In this game headtracking can be tweaked but it takes a very long time to find good settings. So i thought in vorpx something like “headtracking speed” or “headtracking gain” or a “headtracking shift value” could help finding the right scale beetween where headtracking takes effect and the max. turning angle. In this game you must turn mouse sensitivity way down plus headtracking sensitivity to reach a smooth headtracking, on the other hand the angle you can turn your head is very low. – Turning values back, very easy bring back shaking into the headtracking.

I am not shure if i understand “head tracking latency” right, this setting doesnt seem to have any effect in this game, does this value prevent from headtracking taking effect “too early” or what does it do ?

Just an idea , i would guess other games behave like this one too. This one is using the UN3 engine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!