How to stop Vorpx been stopped by my AntiVirus + Windows Firewall ?

Homepage Forums Technical Support How to stop Vorpx been stopped by my AntiVirus + Windows Firewall ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tum
    Participant

As the title says, How can I safely stop Vorpx from been stopped/removed by my antivirus or windows defender.
    I have already set the Vorpx Animation Labs folder to be ignored by my antivirus, but every time I start up VorpX it loads a program called vxs-update which is constantly changing its name, so therefore I cannot put that on the ignore list.
    Also it doesn’t just load it from the VorpX folder, it loads it from the AppData/Temp folder, which is risky putting that folder on the ignore list.

Any suggestions on how to get my antivirus then to ignore this file that constantly changes name ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

First please make sure that your antivirus definitions are up-to-date.

If that does not help already, you can simply update to the latest vorpX version with your web installer, so vorpX doesn’t launch the updater anymore.

If you didn’t keep the installer, you can get a new one here.

BTW: If you use a third party AV program, consider getting rid of it. Windows Defender comes free with Windows 10 and is very good these days without being as invasive as some third party AV programs.

paalex
    Participant

I use Windows Defender and it still flags vorpx when it tries to update to the latest version.
    See screenshot –
    screenshot

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you read the reply directly above your post?

If that does not help already, you can simply update to the latest vorpX version with your web installer, so vorpX doesn’t launch the updater anymore.

If you didn’t keep the installer, you can get a new one here.

paalex
    Participant

Yes, the web installer trick is working.
    I was just wondering why vorpx tries to download something that windows identifies as a dangerous trojan.

Ralf
    Keymaster

It doesn’t. Defender FALSELY classifies the updater as malicious. That’s a rather common issue with AV programs since they largely just guess, but unfortunately most of the time fail to inform users when their assessment is really just a guess.

If you are unsure, you can report false positives to AV vendors for inspection. In case of Microsoft you can do that here.

paalex
    Participant

Sure, I’ll submit.
    Though I don’t have the file that causes the alert. It was deleted by Windows Defender and then I updated using the web installer so no alerts anymore..

Well, maybe someone else that sees this would make the submit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!