How to turn off controller emulation completely?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion How to turn off controller emulation completely?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Samadhi
    Participant

Is there any way to completely disable controller emulation when VorpX is running?

It’s not possible for me to play GTA 5 in the rift because VorpX hijacks my controller.
    If I go into the in-game menu and disable handling controllers internally, the program interferes with the controller working for the game at all.

Would rather play with full in-game controller support and head-tracking turned off, than be stuck trying to play with the keyboard or x-padder.

Any possible solutions?

Thank you.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The next vorpX version will have an almost fully rewritten gamepad codebase, which fixes the GTA 5 issue and is just a lot better in general. Until then it’s recommended to play GTA 5 with mouse and keyboard, which works perfectly fine.

IIRC someone found a workaround using an additional tool, not 100% though. Try searching through the GTA 5 sticky in the Game Hints section of the forum.

Samadhi
    Participant

Thank you very kindly for the quick feedback, I look forward to the upcoming version. =)

Think for now I will stick to Skyrim in the Rift and GTA on monitor.
    Was never able to get a feel for controlling GTA with the keyboard and mouse, it’s actually what motivated me to go out and get the controller to begin with. Moving around on foot is fine, but driving drives me nuts.

petokaske
    Participant

hello I play without problems with the gamepad.
    I turn it on before you start the game and before vorpx and it’s good.
    I have a xbox360 wireless controller.

I made this video and I played gamepad.

And other videos here:
    https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/video-games-with-vorpx-and-dk2-french/

I switched to Windows 10 and nothing works.
    I wait for the 0.7 runtime and vorpx update.

Samadhi
    Participant

hello I play without problems with the gamepad.
    I turn it on before you start the game and before vorpx and it’s good.
    I have a xbox360 wireless controller.

I switched to Windows 10 and nothing works.
    I wait for the 0.7 runtime and vorpx update.

Thank you so much for this, making sure my controller is turned on before loading up VorpX completely changes the input and lets me control the game with my controller without issue.

Spent a few hours zipping around in my various cars and loved it.

Dirtbiking was far less comfortable though lol.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!