How to use dgVoodoo2 with VorpX?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings How to use dgVoodoo2 with VorpX?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Destroy
    Participant

I’ve been doing much reading but have not come across a comprehensive step by step guide how to get sub DX9 games to run with VorpX and dgVoodoo2.

Its confusing as heck.

Is there a comprehensive, exacting Dummies guide somewhere?

Btw, I’m trying to use it on Ghost Recon 2001 Gog.com version.

I’ve got it so VorpX says is trying to hook but never truly does or VorpX gives me a warning saying remove d3d9.dll

Thanks for any help.

RJK_
    Participant

This is the main prodedure:

Open games.exe in a hex editor, find:
    d3d9.dll

Replace it with:
    v3d9.dll

then rename dgVoodoo2’s d3d9.dll to v3d9.dll and put it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

Some games require additional files, if the above doesnt work, search the game driectory for other files containing d3d9.dll, replace their content like above.Note:Some games wont still not work this way, Avatar for example.

BTW Ghost Recon should be DX8, only D3d8.dll that you need to put in the games folder where the games exe is located and use the vorpx DGVoodoo2 base profile.If that doesnt work, try other DGVoodoo2 profiles.

http://rjkole.com/gamestuff/engines/index.php?selengine=DGVoodoo2

Destroy
    Participant

Got it to work. Seems using DX8 was the key. I thought it was DX9 and kept trying to use the DX9 dll files hence also getting the popup warning message from VorpX.

You’re right, Ghost Recon 2001 is DX8. I put the D3D8.dll, dgVoodoo.conf and dgVoodooCpl.exe inside the games folder where the game’s exe is located, ran dgVoodooCpl to set the .conf file and used the VorpX Ghost Recon(2001) cloud profile. Starting the game from GoG.com works fine.

Works well, thank you.

syhlif32
    Participant

Any way to make VorpX work with Dgvoodoo 2.7 ?
    Can’t get it to work in nether Dx11 nor dx12!

IroquoisPliskin
    Participant

I managed to get VorpX to attach using dgvoodoo2 and can use the del menu with fullVR but the slider for G3D doesn’t work. Did anyone manage to get 3D working with dgvoodoo2 in ghost recon 2001?

matteo39
    Participant

I’ve tried with dark forces 2, no results

IroquoisPliskin
    Participant

I forgot the most important part, importing the profile from the cloud if there is one. I imported Ghost recon 2001 that states G3D works with it and the game now works in G3D with DGVOODOO2.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!