How to use Xbox controller as native ?

Homepage Forums Technical Support How to use Xbox controller as native ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Spawn3232
    Participant

Can somone walk me through how i can get my Xbox controller to act like it does native when i play Fallout 76 on PC, vorpx overrides it and remapping it will never get you the same results as “Native”

I have read i need to do a directVr scan, but how should the controller the be set in vorpx after the scan ?

i know i can get banned in fallout 76, but have bought a burner account just to do this lol.

I guess after it is done and the profile is exported, i should be able to use it on until the change something in the game ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

It should switch to native after a successful DirectVR scan.

Background: some games (including Fallout 76) do not allow mouse and gamepad to be used at the same time. Since prior to a successful DirectVR scan vorpX emulates a mouse for head tracking the gamepad cannot be used natively while that is the case, so vorpX overrides it with its built in gamepad to mouse/keyboard mapper.

After a succesful DirectVR scan vorpX does not have to emulate a mouse for head tracking anymore and turns off the override. You can then use your gamepad natively.

Spawn3232
    Participant

That sounds very good Ralf,
    So as i suspect, if i then export my profile to a new name, the scan data will be saved ? (with the expert thing turned on)

Spawn3232
    Participant

I am also trying to get in contact with some good moders over at nexus, to get them to make a new / adjust the “HUD”, we need the left / and right HUD bars combined into one or at least adjusted closer to the middle MAP HUD bar, think that can only be done with a mod.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The HUD is supposed to be scalable by vorpX, but apparently the shaders used to identify it changed (again) with some recent game update, so that’s not working ATM. Will take a look at it.

Spawn3232
    Participant

The controller works very good after a DtectVR scan, nice.

It seems i have to do it every time i start the game, is there no way to save the data it needs ?

After a scan, the player arms and gun get’s a bit to large, any idea where i can adjust that ? actually had a 4 hour play session with vorpX and Pimax 8K, really like it :)

Spawn3232
    Participant

ohh, forgot, the FOV scan bit always fails, is that suppose to happen ?

Spawn3232
    Participant

@Ralf

Any help on the questions above ? :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!