How to use/edit profiles?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion How to use/edit profiles?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    first_emperor
    Participant

Hi Ralf and Community,

I’m new here and just played around a bit with VorpX and am trying to get used to it.
    Now I was looking through the forums and guides that I could find, but I couldn’t find anything on how to edit and use game profiles. Could somebody clear that up for my? Probably I’m just overlooking the obvious again and again…

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can use the ingame menu (press [DEL] while in the game) to change and save settings per game. When you change settings there and close the menu with OK & Save settings are saved for the game in question.

A handful of settings is globally saved for everything, but the vast majority is saved per game.

first_emperor
    Participant

Big up for this very quick reply! So it seams I just misunderstood the use of profiles, I thought that to change and profiles, you had to access them directly, but if you do that with the ingame options, that clears up a lot.
    Thanks!

eiseneuter
    Participant

I think the tool would benefit big time from an “offline”-editor.
    My problem is, that the mouse often glitches out ingame and i can’t see a thing (only big rectangles) – so even the ingame VorpX Menu cannot be edited :/

Ralf
    Keymaster

A lot of things only really make sense to be edited from within the game, so that would be of relatively limited use. Not sure what you are editing exactly, but if for example you are working with the shader authoring tool, it can be a big help to do that in ‘Generic Headset’ mode, which shows the output on the desktop.

That’s a lot more comfortable than working on profiles in the headset. You can more or less consider that to be kind of an offline tool. Doesn’t make sense for everything, but makes editing things easier that don’t directly depend on the actual headset.

tobywilliamson
    Participant

Realise this is a bit of an old post – but I really really want to be able to set the zoom level higher than 0.8 – is there no way to edit profiles offline to force this?

My HMD focus point based on the shape of my head means I have to look ‘down’ into it – and the bottom of the ‘screen’ in full VR cyberpunk is way too visible – all I need to do is increase the zoom beyonf 0.8 or I guess ‘translate’ the screen downwards.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!