How to watch 3D movies with vorpx and vlc?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion How to watch 3D movies with vorpx and vlc?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    goodly666
    Participant

When I run a 3D movie with vlc player oculus starts and I can watch it on the virtual TV, but it is side by side (2 images). How do I make it 3D?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can switch to stereo 3d mode on the image page of the vorpX ingame menu. The setting is called Content Type. Apparently some people have an issue with opening the ingame menu in VLC. If that is true for you, try MPC-HC instead.

Also make sure to apply the Game Optimizer setting for VLC/MPC-HC for the best experience.

V0iD
    Participant

It’s even worse in my case, ingame menu doesn’t open in VLC and MPC-HC doesn’t even get hooked by VorpX. Any Hints on this ?
    My system infos:

Win7 64bit
    Geforce GTX 970

VLC and MPC both 64bit, latest versions.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try the 32bit versions. There was a report earlier on MPC-HC 64bit not hooking, but the 32bit version worked fine.

V0iD
    Participant

Update:

Yes, using the 32bit Version of MPC fixed it. Thanks for the quick support and great job with the videoplayer!

Megatonna
    Participant

Hello.
    I ran VLC on Windows 7. Just install 2.2.1 version of VLC-32Bit and change output mode to OpenGL (not experimental).
    Sometimes need reset presets of VLC in settings of Vorpx.
    http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/2.2.1/win32/

BigPickles
    Participant

i seem to be in the same boat as V0iD except i cant seem to get MPC to hook and cant get the menu up in vlc tried all the solutions above
    win 10
    Geforce GTX 970

Ralf
    Keymaster

You may have to click into the player window once. The player window has to have the mouse and keyboard focus, otherwise vorpX does not receive key presses.

BigPickles
    Participant

ok got it working it was mainly user error i guess i need to run every thing through the app first and it was the 32bit Version of MPC that worked for me now to try some games

ps thanks for the quick response. looking forward to the eso fix

BigPickles
    Participant

well i think i jumped the gun a bit as i cant get it to run today

christian kouame
    Participant

Hi guys, how to enable 3D movies on VLC, still have problem with it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

After vorpX hooked into VLC, open the vorpX ingame menu with [DEL] and go to the image page of the ingame menu. The first option “Content Type” let’s you switch between mono/side by side/over under.

Gazzob
    Participant

I cant get the ingame menu to open, in either VLC or MPC-HC 32bit

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!