HTC VIVE

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    james002
    Participant

have you removed support for htc vive??

steph12
    Participant

not at all.
    htc vive like oculus rift are fully supported by vorpx.

why do you ask ?

i’m not vorpx technical support btw, just thought i could answer.

james002
    Participant

I asked because when I open config vorpx window it shows only 4 options in dropdown menu. Oculus rift,Oculus rift DK2, Steam VR and Generic VR.There is no sign of HTC VIVE.

Another question:
    If I use HTC VIVE, then which option should I select in drop down menu in config vorpx window???

steph12
    Participant

htc vive uses “steam VR” so select this one.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Seems like you have an older vorpX version installed, in the latest one the list entry should read “SteamVR (Vive, WMR, Pimax)” to avoid confusion in this regard.

If vorpX does not auto update on your machine fro some reason, you can get an installer here: http://www.vorpx.com/request-new-download/

james002
    Participant

Can we play only Steam games through Vorpx on HTC VIVE??/

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, but you need SteamVR for your HTC Vive to work.

james002
    Participant

I meant, on htc vive I can play those games only which I have bought on steam and not those games that are bought from other services ??? such as origins etc…???

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can also play games that you bought on other services like Origin, Uplay, GOG etc.

james002
    Participant

For running games through VORPX on Oculus rift ,we need to start Oculus rift software first then start Vorpx and then start the game.
    For running games through Vorpx on HTC Vive what will be the procedure??
    Please explain.
    As far as I think I need to start Steam,then HTC Vive software then Vorpx then start the game. Am I right??

Ralf
    Keymaster

Pretty much the same just that usually you would launch SteamVR before you launch the game. If you happen to forget that, SteamVR starts automatically.

james002
    Participant

sorry,but you mean , I start Steam then Steam VR then Vive software then Vorpx then the game????

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can simply start your game from whatever client it is based on. If SteamVR isn’t running already, it launches automatically.

You just have to make sure that vorpX is running fefore launching your game.

Everything works just like before with your Oculus, the only difference is SteamVR instead of the Oculus software.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!