HTC Vive does not working with any game

Homepage Forums Technical Support HTC Vive does not working with any game

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rayxcer
    Participant

Hello,
    i tried GTA V and The Witcher 3 – Both have sound (via Vive output), but the Vive keeps showing grey and the window on the computer keeps black.

I’ve Windows 10 with SteamVR and the latest Nvidia drivers.

I hope anyone can help me out.

Good day & thanks.

Rayxcer

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please double check whether 1. you have selected “HTC Vive” in the device selection box of the vorpX config app. and 2. SteamVR is running.

If both of the above are true, please try to restart SteamVR.

The game window on the monitor showing nothing is intentional, the game should display in the headset though.

Rayxcer
    Participant

Hi Ralf,
    thanks for your answer.
    HTC Vive is selected. SteamVR is running.

I also tried to restart – It makes no change.

Any idea?

Good day & thanks.

Rayxcer

Ralf
    Keymaster

One more thing you could check is whether the headset is configured to use direct mode (should be the default). This can be configured in SteamVR.

Rayxcer
    Participant

Hi Ralf,
    I checked this: It is enabled.

Any more ideas?

Good day & thanks.

Rayxcer

Ralf
    Keymaster

From your description (black game window plus sound through the headset) it sounds like everything is working correctly, so without additional information I can’t recommend anything else, sorry.

If you can’t make it work, please try to start a few games, create a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app and send that to support |at| vorpx com. I will check it and get back to you within the next 48hrs.

Oody
    Participant

I’m also having trouble with GTA 5 on the vive
    Can’t get past the loading screen. And it’s very random to not have the “Cant find Gta5.exe”
    It’s the only game not working for me tho

lexxmt
    Participant

I have exactly same problem, waiting for 1 week for developer to reply
    Sound only and no Video

Ralf
    Keymaster

Could you please resend your support e-mail? Ideally using a different mail account in case there is an issue with receiving mails from your normal one. Thanks.

Please also start a few games, create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app and attach it to your mail, so there is something to work with besides your issue description.

jburton72
    Participant

Im having the same problem. Only game that will hook is skyrim. Windows 10 3xgtx980 ti. My vorpx is installed on c and my steam is on D if that makes any difference. I will get a log for you later ralf.

Kylis
    Participant

Im having the same problem. Only game that will hook is skyrim. Windows 10 3xgtx980 ti. My vorpx is installed on c and my steam is on D if that makes any difference. I will get a log for you later ralf.

Pretty much the exact same issue. Tried a couple of games with no luck, saw this post loaded up skyrim, worked fine in that.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Same answer as above:

Please first try to disable all unnecessary background processes. A lot of other programs also hook into games like vorpX and may cause a conflict.

The trouble shooting guide in the help gives a few hints in this regard.

If you can’t find the issue, please start a few games, create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app and send it to support |at| vorpx com, so there is something to work with besides your issue description.

rxstud2011
    Participant

I’m having the same problem. It hooks with other games, but I’m having problems with this one.

Jadorel
    Participant

I had a similar problem but I solved it. Do you have an SLI GPU setup? You have to disable SLI in the nVidia panel and that should work. If you dont use SLI or dont know what that is, ignore this.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!