HTC Vive not working at all for me either. Tried everything.

Homepage Forums Technical Support HTC Vive not working at all for me either. Tried everything.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    anon123456
    Participant

Bought the vorpx beta last night. Windows 10, nvidia titan X. Installed vorpx, restarted my computer. I’ve tried every possible combination of things I can think of to get this to work. Disabling all apps running in my taskbar. Restarting steam VR, restarting my computer, restarting vorpx, running everything as administrator, steam VR direct mode vs not direct mode. Creating a shortcut via taskbar vorpx icon to fallout 4 downloaded through steam. Everytime I try to run it I just get a black screen. Vorpx desktop mode does not work at all. I can see the process has started but in my HMD I still see my steam VR background.

I once received a white screen with multiple color lines, almost like 2 rainbow colored barcodes. I don’t remember what combination of things I tried when that occured though because I’ve tried so many different ways to get it to work. I also received a solid red screen, and have also seen a red screen with some sort of background image, I don’t remember what it was and I can no longer get the red screen or red with background image or white with rainbow barcode to display.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have created a vorpx troubleshoot.zip file. Do you want me to send it to you?

anon123456
    Participant

Just tried this again and figured out that with Direct Mode off in steam vr, I am able to get the solid red screen again. I also get this error in steam vr:

Compositor is not fullscreen. You’ll need this to be fullscreen for Steam VR to work correctly. Then it shows a link to “Make compositor fullscreen” Steam VR shows as not ready. I click the link and nothing happens.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The headset has to be in direct mode. vorpX shortcuts don’t work with most Steam games, just try starting through Steam.

The red screen sounds rather odd, never heard of that before, but maybe it’s an injection conflict with another program on your PC. Likely candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of GPU/CPU utility, video recording software, chat programs and generally anything that can show notifications in games or hooks games for any purpose.

Best way to trouble shoot this is to disable/uninstall absolutely everything that is running in the background and would not be there after a fresh Microsoft only Windows install.

If you can’t find anything, send the trouble shoot data and I will check whether you might have overlooked something.

anon123456
    Participant

I’ve disabled everything I can and it’s still not working. I just replied to the support email. Thanks for your help.

DX24
    Participant

If steam is running in admin mode then so must Vorpx. I had the same problem and now all is working.

ItsMurphinTime
    Participant

If steam is running in admin mode then so must Vorpx. I had the same problem and now all is working.

How to know if steam is in admin mode?

novatrix
    Participant

I have the same problem. Everything I launch with vorpx make a steam error -202 VR compositor not full screen and my HMD screen is red. Tryed to close all program and run everything in admin but doesnt change anything :(.

Vincehre
    Participant

I have the same problem. Whenever I start up games on steam whilst running Vorpx the screen on my Vive just turns red. This also happens when I start up games via Origin, or from the steam directory. The next time I use my Vive I’m going to disable Norton Anti-Virus, maybe that helps.

Ralf
    Keymaster

This sounds more like a rendering issue than anything else.

Not being able to replicate this I can’t give much more than general advice unfortunately, but the first thing to try should be to restart SteamVR in case of an issue like this. I am aware that this is just a guess, but not much more is possible without being able to replicate a problem.

The config app has a trouble shoot page that allows to create an archive with a logfile and some other trouble shoot data. It would be great if you guys could send this archive to support |at| vorpx com together with your issue description. That would help investigating this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very frustrated myself – have everything above.

When I launch ANY game – just grey screen in Vive and black screen on monitor. It is in Direct Mode, Vive selected in VORPX, VORPX launched in admin mode, background processes stopped.

Ralf
    Keymaster

From your description (black game window plus sound through the headset) it sounds as if vorpX would hook correctly, so without additional information I can’t recommend anything, sorry.

If you can’t make it work, please try to start a few games, create a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app and send that to support |at| vorpx com. I will check whether you might have overlooked something in regard to possible conflicts with other programs and get back to you.

Nohbudy
    Participant

If you have Bluetooth installed and enabled on SteamVR then VorpX isn’t initializing the tracking stations when launching the game. I have experienced exactly the problem anon123456 and o.mukhanov described, and these are the steps I took to fix the issue.
    To fix
    1. Run SteamVR
    2. Open Settings
    3. Click General
    4. Turn off bluetooth.
    5. Quit SteamVR
    6. Base stations should stay on now, and you can use VorpX

Ralf
    Keymaster

This shouldn’t be necessary if you start SteamVR before playing games with vorpX. Still thanks for this solution!

McDohl
    Participant

If you have Bluetooth installed and enabled on SteamVR then VorpX isn’t initializing the tracking stations when launching the game. I have experienced exactly the problem anon123456 and o.mukhanov described, and these are the steps I took to fix the issue.
    To fix
    1. Run SteamVR
    2. Open Settings
    3. Click General
    4. Turn off bluetooth.
    5. Quit SteamVR
    6. Base stations should stay on now, and you can use VorpX

Thank you!!! This fixed the terrible issue that I was having with Vive, it was saying that it couldn’t initialize my headset.

Definitely a bug that needs to be ironed out. MyDream Swift worked without having to take these steps.

TardOnPC
    Participant

I was experiencing the same issue, black screen in games but I could hear the music. On another post someone suggested an uninstall/reinstall of VorpX and that fixed my problem!

I was so angry it wasn’t working and a lack of instructions for how to use VorpX but it’s because it’s really as easy as 1, 2, 3.

1. Run SteamVR
    2. Run VorpX
    3. Launch game
    4. Configure VorpX in game.

OK maybe 1, 2, 3, 4 :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!