Huge news about microsoft store

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Huge news about microsoft store

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    steph12
    Participant

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/11/22776024/microsoft-xbox-app-windows-folder-install-uwp-options

so, we’ll finally be able to mods game, to install them where we want and we’ll have full access of the files.

vorpx wont have issue anymore hooking into those games i believe ?

dellrifter22
    Participant

Oh that’s great news! If it works as expected.

Might be time to join gamepass finally.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds like a good thing in general, although the install folder is not the issue as far as vorpX is concerned. Since vorpX normally doesn’t have to install any files to game folders, it already can hook many (probably most) Game Pass games, doesn’t matter if they are installed in the write protected app folders or not.

The problematic ones are games compiled as UWP/Windows Store app, which basically put the executable in some sandbox that shields them from the rest of the system. Luckily the whole UWP model is halfway dead, wasn’t the huge success among developers MS hoped it would be. So with some luck less new releases will use it in the future. Unlikely though that all current UWP games will be converted back to ‘normal’ Windows applications.

celticspike
    Participant

Sounds like a good thing in general, although the install folder is not the issue as far as vorpX is concerned. Since vorpX normally doesn’t have to install any files to game folders, it already can hook many (probably most) Game Pass games, doesn’t matter if they are installed in the write protected app folders or not.

In my experience Vorpx has been very hit and miss with gamepass games so its very good news that microsoft has done this.
    this is also great news for using Vorpx with Reshade for gamepass games without official Vorpx support/profiles.

pixelcowboy
    Participant

Do we know if Forza 5 is a UWP game? I tried to run it the other day but it wouldn’t hook (from Gamepass).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!