HZD Z-normal flat artitfact, increased visibility from FHD to WQHD

Homepage Forums Technical Support HZD Z-normal flat artitfact, increased visibility from FHD to WQHD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    anDime
    Participant

https://imgur.com/a/9pCn9ye

I made screenshots, you can only see it viewing the photos fullscreen full SBS (f.e. with VD through the quest, or maybe some 3D photo viewer for VR).

Basically it looks like there is a “flat ghost rendering” of some objects next to the colored object, f.e. the character model, or the beam. So the picture is 3D, the object is 3d, but next to the object is a flat silhouette of the object as an artifact. When playing in FHD, the distance between the object and the ghost clone are closely aligned, so it’s less visible. But after increasing it to QHD, the distance increases and it’s more visible. I tried to play around with settings like focal distance etc., but that didn’t do the trick.

Edit: I also made an additional screenshot, it’s hardly visible in 2D, but you can see a screen tear in the shape of the wrong depth rendering https://imgur.com/bRtJZFD

anDime
    Participant

Edit: Changing the resolution above 1080p introduced those depth artefacts, whereas 1080p looks “fine”, 2560x1080p also works for a wider picture. Biggest contributor was setting the focal distance to the minimum value 0.01, increasing it made the depths of the eyes misalign.

I shared my profile under the name Quest2(Air)_ingame2560x1080

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not sure about 2560×1080, but there is a size mismatch between the depth buffer and the actual rendering at uncommnon aspect ratios. Typically it’s best to stick to common resolutions like 1920×1080 or 2560×1440 for the game.

vorpX should display a hint regarding the aspect ratio glitch in the top left corner of the game window. Checking these hints can often be helpful to avoid unnecessary trial and error.

anDime
    Participant

Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case here. If you want picutres of proof (like the one above) with different settings, I can make them. FHD and UWFHD seem to behave here exactly the same, whereas higher resolutions regardless of aspect ratio sometimes “switch” the depth between the eyes including the depth mismatch for certain objects.

FHD and UWFHD with 0,01 pupil distance = good
    Anything above 1080p vertically (the vorpx custom resolutions 4:3, and wide), 16:9 21:9, WQHD, UWQHD, 4k with any pupil distance = misalignment of single objects depth wise.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!